Question on plotter/ circles

JerryC

I draw a .25 circle on a part that will be cut as a hole on a laser. When the laser cuts the hole its an 8 sided hole. How can I change it to be round? Autocad 2016. I have tried setting the options to 20000 and 360. Nothing phases a change in the output. Regen dont help except appearing round in the autocad drawing.

What type of file are you supplying to the laser?

Can you post a drawing with the circle in question (don't need the entire drawing, just the circle)?

AFAIK, all such devices cut a series of small straight lines for arcs and circles. There have been a few discussions on CADTutor about how that works.

2nd SLW210, sounds like your laser software has a overiding setting. At times you will see facets for a circel this is a programming video technique that a series of lines is faster to display than a true circle. BUT as far as Autocad is concerned the geometry is a centre point with radius.