sysvarmonitor

masterfal

been finding this 'sysvarmonitor' command really handy lately.

just wanna know if its possible to choose the reset option without having to bring up the dialog box first? would be great if i was able to reset it straight away via a command of some sort

sysvar.PNG

Try hitting the Reset All button, open up your commandline history, and see what that button does. I don't know for sure, but would think that you could create a macro using copy and paste from your commandline history.

Then you could put the macro on a button somewhere like your Quick Acces Toolbar, or anywhere that suits you.

Another way would be to dive into the CUI, access that command in the dropdown command list, and get the macro that way.

It will probably READ and restore the .svf you have created.

As shown in the screenshot, you can either browse for a command on the left, then double click on it, and the dialog at the right will dispay, and you can see what the macro is, and copy and paste it. Easier still, find the command up above on the left, on a Ribbon Panel, assuming that is where you probably find it, then you can right click on it and copy it up to a Quick Access Toolbor, for instance.

figuring out a macro from CUI.jpg

i've now got the sysvarmonitor command on a custom toolbar. clicking it is the same as running the 'sysvarmonitor' command.

how I can make it so when i click the button, it resets all straight away? i don't need to see the dialog box..

If you have managed to wrangle it onto a custom toolbar, go into the CUI, and click on it on that new custon toolbar, and I believe it will open to show you the options from the dialog box.

Find the one you want and click on it, and I think it will display the macro associated with that action, in the dialog box over on the right side.

As I am using Autocad 2013, this is sort of hypothetical.

Is what you want to do, to restore ALL of the system variables to your personalized default settings?

If that is what you hope to do, and you have a saved .svf file with your personal preferences set for all the system variables, you could do that by using the READ button in the bottom of the SYSVDLG. In which case you would need to create a copy of the READ button, and the macro to identify the .svf file which should be restored.

Having not used the monitoring functionality in 2017, I am not entirely sure what you need done. Meaning if ALL or just certain of the variables should be reset.

Edited by Dadgad

If that is what you hope to do, and you have a saved .svf file with your personal preferences set for all the system variables, you could do that by using the READ button in the bottom of the SYSVDLG.

i have a saved .svf file with my selected system variables. tried loading it up with READ through the SYSVDLG dialog box and works as it should

In which case you would need to create a copy of the READ button, and the macro to identify the .svf file which should be restored.

this is now where i'm stuck.. little unsure how to create copy of the READ button? dunno where to locate it. looked through the CUI thing but nothing comes up with a search for READ. not sure how to work out what the MACRO is to identify the svf file as you've suggested either

I hear you, the problem is essentially the same as previously, just copying the macro from a different button.

I clicked on the HELP icon in the sysvdlg, and found this, which may shed some light on your predicament.

Looks like maybe you will need to use the SCRIPT command.

Please proceed at your own risk, as we are getting to the limits of my comfort zone advising on this one.

Wanting to help you, but simultaneously wondering how much effort and time this might really save you. :|

Glad to hear that you DO have a .svf file saved as backup of all your favorite settings. :beer:

resetting to .svf with SCRIPT command.jpg

Interesting, after doing a bit of research i've kinda come to same conclusion about creating a .scr file to load up. Seems you can run .scr files from the command line a bit easier than .svf files (not sure if .svf files can even be run from commandline)

So next thing I'm looking into is if you can convert .svf to .scr easily or not

i don't mind spending time trying to work these kinda things out because to me it will definitely save time in the long run. for one job probably not but all adds up when working on different jobs everyday. that said, you spending time helping me out probably doesn't help you out at all. other than getting warm fuzzy feeling for helping a fellow draftee out :P

very much appreciated!

I have been very slow for the last 2 weeks, so happy to help, when I can.

I'll be curious to hear if you get it sorted, please post how you did it, if you do. :beer:

I am quite sure there are other forum members who would be better able to advise you on this.

I am definitely out of my depth, trying to answer a post in the lisp forum, but I still read most of them, and occasionally butt in.

I just checked this link ...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-CFB4A601-A0BF-49F0-856B-EEE1543A7E03-htm.html

which ReMark posted in another thread, and think you should check it out, as it references sysvarmonitor dialogue display, among many others.

Glad you posted that, ReMark! :beer:

Edited by Dadgad