Nudge affected by LISPs/ACADDOC.lsp

Clifford169

Before Christmas I introduced several lisps to my company workstations. To do this, I created an ACADDOC.lsp to load the applications from my server. This worked like a charm and I have no issues with the use of the commands.

However, ever since this introduction, everyone has reported an issue with nudging. This is where you hold ctrl+[arrow key] to move or 'nudge' a selected object towards a certain direction. The error is that after a few uses of the nudge command it stops working/nudging but still has the object highlighted. You cannot deselect the object, although it still shows up as if it were selected for a command, as it is actually already deselected.

Quite simply, I have a few lisps set up to help us, though only one that might affect it. These are:

- 3 point rectangle drawing tool;

- an elevate tool (adjusts our levels by a set amount up/down);

- layer director (to auto change text commands to text layer regardless of current layer);

- an outline tool (draws an external outline around things, we use it for tree canopies).

I can post these in for inspection if it would help, else if anyone has any experience of this issue I'd love your input!

I'm using AutoCAD 2013 SP2. Computers are varying from low to high spec.

So NUDGE still works each time, but only for a few nudges?

Well, I've found that if I nudge slowly and with care, it doesn't fail, albeit I've not tested this thoroughly yet!

Have you adjusted your snapunit system variable in any of your LISP routines and not reset it afterwards?

I didn't write my lisps, I can look for this if you can show me what the code might look like within the file?

Well, I've found that if I nudge slowly and with care, it doesn't fail, albeit I've not tested this thoroughly yet!

I didn't write my lisps, I can look for this if you can show me what the code might look like within the file?

It would look something like this (where the 0.5 is arbitrary.
(setvar 'snapunit '(0.5 0.5))

Or

(setvar 'snapunit (list 0.5 0.5))

Type snapunit in at the command line and see what value it returns.

Is the issue consistently reproducible?

If so, try using LDOFF to disable my Layer Director program temporarily and see if the issue recurs - if it does, I will look to implement a fix.

Is the issue consistently reproducible?

If so, try using LDOFF to disable my Layer Director program temporarily and see if the issue recurs - if it does, I will look to implement a fix.

Just tested this to see if it is the culprit and it seems like it may be! I don't seem to get the error once I've done LDOFF.

I did have an error show with your align text to curve lisp (ATC), but as far as I'm aware this isn't loaded with my acaddoc or present on other computers, so I don't know why it was highlighted. We'll ignore this for now!

Thanks Lee!

• 1 month later...

@Lee Mac

Any chance you've had a look into my Layer Director issue mentioned in this thread? I've had a few more errors recently where instead of just freezing the drawing briefly it crashes the whole program!

I'd really rather not stop using the lisp as it's proven to be very time-saving!