Possible to create multileader with field linked to block attribute?

eyeofnewt555

Hey guys,

So, is it possible to have a lisp that automatically labels a block based on an attribute? Ideally, it would also be a field so that if the attribute changed, the mulitleader text would as well.

For example, let's say I have a dynamic block for an Oak Tree, which has three sizes: 2", 3", & 4".

It'd be great if I could run a LISP that would create a multileader that read " 2"-Oak Tree ". It'd be doubly great if the 2" part of that was a field that updated if the dynamic block was changed to its 4" state.

For reference, this wonderful Lee Mac LISP is what I currently use for my labeling and it's brilliant. Ideally, I'll end up combining the attribute/field labeling component with this lisp somehow.

Lastly, I'm not great at all with writing LISPs, but I'd like to figure out how this one would work so that I can modify it as need be on my own.

Thanks for any help!

; Attribute to mleader with field
(defun C:test ( / p )
 (and
   (setq p (nentsel "\nSelect attribute: "))
   (= 2 (length p))
   (= "ATTRIB" (cdr (assoc 0 (entget (car p)))))
   (progn 
     (command "_.MLEADER")
     (while (= (logand (getvar 'cmdactive) 1) 1) (command pause)) ; this is required for multisegment mleader
     (vla-put-TextString (vlax-ename->vla-object (entlast))
       (strcat 
         "%<\\AcObjProp Object(%<\\_ObjId "
         (itoa (vla-get-ObjectId (vlax-ename->vla-object (car p))))
         ">%).TextString>%"
       )
     )
     (vla-Regen (vla-get-ActiveDocument (vlax-get-acad-object)) acActiveViewport)
   ); progn
 ); and
 (princ)
); defun 

Good luck!

Edited by Grrr