LISP for inserting multiple blocks

smithjarid54

Hello all,

I'm new to using LISP and was wondering if there was a LISP for inserting multiple blocks by name. The company I work for deals with lots of cranes, so we have a large block library. Ideally I would like to input the crane make, then model, then boom, and then snatch block. In doing so, it will grab all the individual blocks as listed from our library and insert them into the DWG. Possibly using a user defined insertion point for insertion. I'll take any advice or help I can get.

Thanks,

Jarid

Sorry Roy_043, hope you don't find me rude interfering with my replies.

Seems a bit logical to me. Many different possibilities, each dependent what the site on the job is.

Intresting question , welcome here and congrats with your first post

..i'm thinking scripts (.scr) for certain scenario's.. Excel can help..

https://www.google.nl/search?q=components+crane+erection&safe=active&rls=com.microsoft:nl-NL&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDxfXH05XSAhXMOxoKHflVB3EQsAQIGw&biw=1298&bih=726

Let me try to explain better:

It is obvious that the OP wants to work with multiple crane models, but what does he mean by 'grab all the individual blocks': Do several (3D?) blocks have to be assembled to create the crane? Or does each model perhaps have a plan view and multiple side views?

There is no problem inserting blocks by a combination of strings.

An example 12 50 12mm bolt 50mm long would insert "Bolt1250".

Another we have scale bars like "SC10050" which is 100 ver 50 hor.

(setq blkname (strcat "bolt" (rtos (getint "enter diameter") 2 0)((rtos (getint "enter length") 2 0)))

For the opp would need a list of blocks to be inserted as a collection, insert points to have some rules also.

Crane52 is entered add motor12 + gantry3 + wheels 4 etc

(list "Crane52" "motor12" "gantry3" "wheels 4")

Probably the easiest way is think of it as a parts list make a text file with all the parts.

Crane1

part1

part2

part3

Crane2

part1

part22

part3

Edited by BIGAL