Store multiple groups of objects to paste later in LISP

Esteban_CAD

Hi again

Is it possible to have multiple objects/selection sets stored on the clipboard or elsewhere?

I am looking at a routine in which I would like to copy a bunch of objects to the clipboard at the start of a routine and paste them back in place at the end once the originals have been manipulated by the LISP, however, I would also like to use the clipboard in the middle of the LISP, something like:-

Copy Group 1

Copy Group 2

Paste Group 2

Paste Group 1

Can anyone point me in the direction of a command/s that would accomplish this? Does a setq of an ssget store entity info or merely which entities are within the group?

I was going to head down the route of opening a temp drawing to store the required objects but hoped there would be a simpler solution.

Hope that make sense.

Does a setq of an ssget store entity info or merely which entities are within the group?

A selection set is a merely collection of entity names (which themselves are pointers to entries in the drawing database): the drawing database stores all data pertaining to an entity, the entity name simply tells you where to find it, and a selection set is a collection of such entity names.

Assigning a selection set to a variable using set/setq simply stores the memory address of the selection set so that it may be accessed/referenced again later.

As such, adding or removing entities from a selection set does not change the value of the variables referencing the selection set, and similarly, modifying objects (i.e. changing the data for an entity in the drawing database) does not change the entity names for such objects.