Print script crashes with fatal error

nannz

Hi I am trying to use script to print the drawings in AutoCAD 2016. After printing 2 drawing and opening third drawing AutoCAD crashes with fatal error. This happened suddenly, couple of weeks back everything was working well but now I am having above trouble. Could anyone please suggest me an idea to resolve this.

Hi Nannz,

Most of us are not psychic so you would have to give a tiny little bit more info :-)

Like are you using a pure script or some horrible hybrid commands like vla-plot ánd a script? Also command or command-s can sometimes make a difference...

gr. Rlx

_.OPEN ;dmsdisable TILEMODE 1 FILEDIA 0 -plot y Model dwg to pdf.pc3 ISO full bleed A1 (594.00 x 841.00 MM) m L N E 1:.2 c y PTA_A1.CTB N A n y zoom extents FILEDIA 1 ._QSAVE _.close This is the script I am trying to use. Thanks

Ignore above post

Ok seems pure enough script to me. I am not quite finished with this so this is not a fully grown 'dragon' yet , and it might be a tiny bit over the top (as usual) but give this puppy a chance. It will plot but at this time it will only plot extents. The script mode is fully functional though (I think). Also havent had the time to write a manual but I hope the comments in the code will guide you.

Gr. Rlx

RlxBatch.lsp

RlxBatchPrint.LSP

RlxBatch_bmp.zip

RlxBatch_Toolbar.zip

Edited by rlx

Below scripts crashes with fatal error in AutoCAD 2016 _.OPEN ;dmsdisable TILEMODE 1 FILEDIA 0 -plot y Model dwg to pdf.pc3 ISO full bleed A1 (594.00 x 841.00 MM) m L N E 1:.2 c y PTA_A1.CTB N A n y zoom extents FILEDIA 1 ._QSAVE _.close

Below scripts crashes with fatal error in AutoCAD 2016 _.OPEN ;dmsdisable TILEMODE 1 FILEDIA 0 -plot y Model dwg to pdf.pc3 ISO full bleed A1 (594.00 x 841.00 MM) m L N E 1:.2 c y PTA_A1.CTB N A n y zoom extents FILEDIA 1 ._QSAVE _.close

I'm not familliar with dmsdisable? well its bed time for me , it twelve o'clock local time and rise and shine in five hours...

Program should generate a script in \mydocuments\lisp\rlxbatch.scr

gr. Rlx

An alternative is a simple script that opens a dwg and then runs a lisp this would allow me to do plot multiple layouts in a dwg

open dwg1 (Load "pltmylayouts") Close

as I have a plot range option I would make sure my plot lisp is already auto loaded and use a defun option

eg plots layouts 2 3 &4 in dwg 1 does all in dwg2

open dwg1 (pltmylayouts 2 4) close n
open dwg2 (pltmylayouts 1 99) close n

from the help file of AutoCAD :

When using the TILEMODE command, AutoCAD sometimes freezes and needs to be force quit

2017-06-07

Issue:

When using the TILEMODE command, AutoCAD sometimes freezes and needs to be force quit.

Causes:

Sometimes the printer driver is the culprit, when you change the layout the printer driver get's initialized, and there are special drivers which then check the ink, the paper, current print jobs, memory and some more.

Solution:

Some good tests to verify that this is hat is happening are:

• Disconnect your workstation from the network, so the printer-drivers can't find the server/the plotter.
  • (if your layout-settings are pointing to a PC3 file) is to rename the PC3 file so the layout does not find them any more (that brings an error message, but for testing, you can see if switching between the layouts is then faster)
  • Open one of the drawings, go through every layout and change the printer to e.g. the "DWG to PDF.pc3" or to "DWF6 ePlot.pc3", save the drawing, close AutoCAD, restart it and load this new drawing,

Lots of possible problems in a script starting with.

Unknown command dmsdisable press F1 for help

and a possible crash

"Model dwg to pdf.pc3" v's actual way a .scr would interpret.
Model
dwg
to
pdf.pc3

Lots of possible problems in a script starting with.

Unknown command dmsdisable press F1 for help

and a possible crash

"Model dwg to pdf.pc3" v's actual way a .scr would interpret.
Model
dwg
to
pdf.pc3

OP stated it has worked in the past so I have assumed its just written down in this way for this forum. Else I would have expected something like : 'I want to make a script but I'm not sure how to do this , this is what I've got thusfar...' :-)

gr.Rlx

Without knowing what the missing function is its a bit hard to tell why it stops. Even dwg names with spaces in them can stop some scripts. Or is it a SCR file and not a menu or macro need more info.