Toolpalette is trolling me!

guitarguy1685

I have a block that when inserted from the Toolpalette it is changing the units. Let me explain.

1st I created a dynamic block in metric (mm). INSUNITS are set to 4.

Next I created a new drawing whos units are set to (in) INSUNITS = 1

I use the INSERT command to insert the block. At the INSERT dialog box I notice that the Block Unit is set to "Millimeters" (which is correct) and Factor set to 0.0394 (which is correct for converting mm to in).

I insert the block and it works as I expect. When i click on the block properties is says the Scale of the block is 1. I figure ACAD is doing some scaling behind the scenes here.

So now I create another new drawing. This time I use the Toolpalette to insert the same block.

When I click the icon in the palette the block is HUGE and I can't see what it looks like unless I zoom out. After I select the insertion point ant rotation the block is scaled down....weird

So then I click on the properties of the block and it says the Scale is 0.0394 not 1 like in the 1st drawing. I go to the block editor of to check units of the block and I notice it was changed to "UNITLESS". WTF????

Why did Toolpalette change my blocks units from (mm) to unitless? Any ideas?

Rereading your post, I am guessing that you have created your new drawing with insert units sets to on a metric template,

probably the same one on which you created your dynamic block.

I suggest that you open the original drawing of the dynamic block, and run the -dwgunits command on it,

as more than likely you will come to understand the problem by studying the commandline prompts.

If you post the dynamic block, I am sure somebody will be able to figure it out for you.

If you do it soon, I will be happy take a look. :|