Plotting sheet with Excel OLE

Steven P

Good afternoon. I hope I am posting this is the right area.

I have a series of drawings some with an embedded OLE excel sheet. The drawings without the OLE plot fine but those with the OLE sheet take maybe 5 to 10 minutes to plot and I don't know why (the progress bar stays on screen for that long).

So anyone have any ideas to help me out?

- If I plot these as a PDF using the AutoCAD PDF writer they plot as quickly as normal. I suspect then that is something to do with the printer

- Our printers use 'FollowMe' queue system, so I don't know if that will have an effect

- I've tried adjusting all the settings that I can find but nothing

- When I send the plot the progress bar stays on screen for the 5 to 10 minutes, and the actual plot takes about a minute longer than the others to come out of the printer

- The file sent to the plotter can be 30mB compared to 1 for the normal plots (drawing file itself about 500kB)

Hope that is enough for a genius to work out what is going wrong,

Thanks

Are they linked?

If the link is no longer needed, you might see if unlinking the OLE improves speed. OLELINKS and select Break Link.

Also check OLESTARTUP variable.

Thanks.

No they are not linked - I just checked - but it was something I hadn't thought of yet

Tried OLESTARTUP.. no improvement

Hard to tell what it may be then.

I would venture it is indeed to do with your network and/or printer.

If you could post a dwg that was doing this, someone may be able to test it on other printers.