Create toggle button for wipeout frames in AC 2017 like I had in AC2012?

I'm transitioning from Win7/AC2012 to Win10/AC2017 LT. I migrated my workspace over but my WipeoutFrames button did not go. I tried to create it in 2017 LT but no go. In 2012 its ^C^C_tframes. This toggles the frames on or off.

2017 does not recognize that command. I did find that 2017 has the WIPEOUTFRAME command, but this requires me to enter 0 or 1. My old toggle command just reversed states with no input from me. Is there a macro string that will achieve this?

You should be able to do this with a Diesel expression, if they are available in LT, not sure.

Yes they are, had a little down time, and now find that diesel can be used with LT, this link should help you get back on the tracks.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoCAD-LT/files/GUID-27BF17D6-797C-45A0-AE7D-B0344C81AB48-htm.htm

I should have remembered that, because one of the forum's resident LT magicians steven-g is very adept at using them, in lieu of lisp, to coax LT into doing things, of which most users would assume LT incapable. :beer:

Edited by Dadgad

I'm transitioning from Win7/AC2012 to Win10/AC2017 LT. I migrated my workspace over but my WipeoutFrames button did not go. I tried to create it in 2017 LT but no go. In 2012 its ^C^C_tframes. This toggles the frames on or off.

2017 does not recognize that command. I did find that 2017 has the WIPEOUTFRAME command, but this requires me to enter 0 or 1. My old toggle command just reversed states with no input from me. Is there a macro string that will achieve this?

Not familiar with LT or if WIPEOUTFRAME system variable works in it, in the full version it can be set to 0, 1, or 2.

For toggling system variables with DIESEL check out http://www.crlf.de/Dokumente/Diesel/Diesel4.html

Maybe a macro like:

[$(if,$(getvar,WIPEOUTFRAME),!.)WIPEOUTFRAME]+

^C^WIPEOUTFRAME;$M=$(if,$(getvar,WIPEOUTFRAME),0,1);

Not familiar with LT or if WIPEOUTFRAME system variable works in it, in the full version it can be set to 0, 1, or 2.

For toggling system variables with DIESEL check out http://www.crlf.de/Dokumente/Diesel/Diesel4.html

Maybe a macro like:

[$(if,$(getvar,WIPEOUTFRAME),!.)WIPEOUTFRAME]+

^C^WIPEOUTFRAME;$M=$(if,$(getvar,WIPEOUTFRAME),0,1);

Excellent tombu, I meant to take a crack at it today, never got around to it, but it looks like you have probably nailed it there! :beer:

SEE THIS as well, it may help.

That was a good link SLW, I very rarely have occasion to use them, but that really helps consolidate the options available, thanks. :beer:

I would propose dropping the WIPEOUT tool altogether and instead use Masking techniques via True Color + Solid Hatch, or a 0% screened STB Style/CTB Color.

Thanks for the effort guys. LT's wipeout has three states 0, 1, & 2. My macro in 2012 just switches from ON to OFF and does not require any input.

I don't know the syntax for AC macros, but from my college days programming I think it would be something like this.

On click

If State =0, Then 1

If state =1, Then 0

As I mentioned earlier, TFRAMES is a LISP in Express Tools, you most likely will not get that functionality using LT.

You will need to figure out the best you can get using DIESEL and Button MACRO's or go to FULL AutoCAD or an alternative that uses LISP like BricsCAD.

You are correct. TFRAMES is an express tool and is not available in LT. LT has FRAMES. I've made buttons but just don't know the correct programming syntax for what I'd like. I'd like one button to switch them on (0 state) and another to switch them off. (2 state) ^C^C_frame calls up the function, but I don't know how to express 0 then enter in DIESEL. Wouldn't that be the answer?

You are correct. TFRAMES is an express tool and is not available in LT. LT has FRAMES. I've made buttons but just don't know the correct programming syntax for what I'd like. I'd like one button to switch them on (0 state) and another to switch them off. (2 state) ^C^C_frame calls up the function, but I don't know how to express 0 then enter in DIESEL. Wouldn't that be the answer?

Yes, that is what needs to be done.

As regards the proper syntax, have you not looked at the links provided in earlier posts about the use of Diesel?

That would seem to be the next logical step, no? :huh:

This is a site I visit often, he has some really good examples of using diesel, unfortunately there is no recent stuff but it's still good as a reference.

http://cadingandcoding.blogspot.be/search/label/DIESEL

And this is a macro in diesel that will toggle the wipeoutframe between 0 and 1 (you could alter it to toggle 0 and 2 if you prefer - or get really adventurous and cycle between all 3 options ;))

^C^C^C$M=$(if,$(=,$(getvar,wipeoutframe),1),wipeoutframe;0;;,wipeoutframe;1;

Edited by steven-g

This is a site I visit often, he has some really good examples of using diesel, unfortunately there is no recent stuff but it's still good as a reference.

http://cadingandcoding.blogspot.be/search/label/DIESEL

And this is a macro in diesel that will toggle the wipeoutframe between 0 and 1 (you could alter it to toggle 0 and 2 if you prefer - or get really adventurous and cycle between all 3 options ;))

^C^C^C$M=$(if,$(=,$(getvar,wipeoutframe),1),wipeoutframe;0;;,wipeoutframe;1;

Outstanding, the Diesel-meister has spoken! :beer:

Late to the party but this is what I use.

'WIPEOUTFRAME $M=$(if,$(=,$(getvar,WIPEOUTFRAME),1),0,$(-,2,$(getvar,WIPEOUTFRAME)))

And this for XCLIP frames.

'XCLIPFRAME $M=$(if,$(=,$(getvar,XCLIPFRAME),1),0,$(-,2,$(getvar,XCLIPFRAME)))