PLOT PART VIEWPORT

bruce13557

I have some long items to detail so I have made a double length title block which allows for some overlap. I can then trim one drawing and tape the two together so that the result is a readable drawing for our tradesmen.

I have done this several times with good results but on this drawing when I plot a part of the viewport all of the dimensions are displaced from their correct position.

The attached screenshots show the full drawing in paper space and the print preview of the plot of part of the viewport.

I'm guessing that one of my dimension settings is incorrect but I cant find which one it is.

I am using an annotative dimension style as I have previously used.

print preview.png

full drawing.png

A double size A3 is A2 but orientation for 2 stuck together is portrait. So just plot at 1:1 use window to select a 1/2 sheet, then use center make sure 1st is slightly to right of center 2nd is silighty left. Should work ok.

That is essentially what I have been trying to do. It seems to work with 2 A3 sheets joined end to end to make a long drawing . Other times I have been asked to enlarge a section of a drawing and have run into the same issue so I would like to find how to get around it.

Easiest answer buy a A1 plotter.

Second answer there is some "tile" plot software out there for just this task sticky tape multi pages.

You just need to understand that 2xA4 becomes 2xA3 rotated 90 becomes 2xA2 rotated 90 becomes A1 rotated 90.

Just make a grid dwg of the A3 size with overlap insert into current dwg and use the plot window option, ps put on noplot layer.