Dear sir,

In civil 3d I want to put structure on alignment 

Structure (culverts box and pipe)

Chainage are in excel.

Thanks

Screenshot_20210916-195455~2.png

Edited by Ish
Modified

A Civ3d question or a Autocad question ? It is possible to get at the Alignment details that hide inside Civ3d, if you have the original pline used for the alignment then its a Autocad answer.

Why not use Pipes if in Civ3d.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BIGAL said:

A Civ3d question or a Autocad question ? It is possible to get at the Alignment details that hide inside Civ3d, if you have the original pline used for the alignment then its a Autocad answer.

Why not use Pipes if in Civ3d.

This is civil 3d question sir,

I have 2 type of structure, ( box culvert, and pipe culvert)

I want to show on road plan as you can see in image.

Chainage are in excel.

I don't understand the question. You have two structures. Which structure do you want to put on which alignment? You can't put a headwall in the middle of a road.

If you're using Civil 3D, you can create a storm drain alignment between the culverts. Add structures and a pipe. This isn't a "trick," it's basic design work.

Please provide more information about what you want to do.

• Like 1

In civil 3d I have a 2d road plan ,

I want to put symbol/block of structure ( like box culvert and pipe etc)

I don't want to see in 3d view that structure.

See attached image for more information.

Inside red circle there is a block of box culvert at perticular chainage.

I have structure chainage in Excel, I want to block of structure on center line / alignment/Road plan.

Thanks

2021071251_185725~3.png

If I understand your question correctly, you want to center an alignment on the centerline of a road at a specific station.

The way I usually place a culvert is to find a low point, place the structures at either end, and draw an alignment between them. In your case, you might draw a polyline from the station to the outer edge of the roadway. You could then move the inner end to the edge of the lane, mirror it, and connect the two pipes with a third segment. Turn those three segments into a polyline. Define an alignment from the polyline. Place pipes between the first and second nodes and between the third and fourth nodes, but leave the middle segment empty (it will show up on the profile without a pipe). Place the structures and you're done.

I'm not aware of an easier way to do this, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

As you suggest Cyberangel have a draw pipe, uses a linetype equal for dashed pipes.

Ish wants a do auto based on a chainage and say pipe dia and length, then of course is request 2 what about multiple pipes. Sorry can not help.

• Like 1

Sir I don't want to draw pipe / box,

I just want to draw like a legend only,

(Not like  pipe with dia, box with size)

Like indication only for culvert.

I have already make block for culverts,

Just I want to place on alignment at given chainage,

Chainage in Excel.

Thanks

IMG-20210322-WA0010.jpeg

Edited by Ish
Modified again

I still don't understand exactly what you're trying to do. My best guess is that you need a chunk of code to read the Excel file, locate the pipe crossing, and insert two blocks. I would post my question on the programming board.

• Like 1