rendering issues....

Dee

Any ideas why Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2004 is producing fragmented renders such as the ones ive attached?

Anybody any ideas how to resolve this and/or why is this happening?

File size 5.69MB

09_Planning_3DModel_Current.jpg

Ok Pocket i think you have something as i have already checked for overlaps etc and there are none....

If it is software whats the solution?

I have already removed and reinstalled with no change....

Any ideas about resolving this issue?

A good way to determine if it is a Camera/Zoom issue is if there is no apparent difference when switching between Parallel to Perspective in the Orbit – Projection option.

If that is the case then resetting the camera position and target may be helpful. An easy way to do this is to draw a line from the desired viewing point to the most logical target (center of rendering) point.

Command: _camera

Specify new camera position : snap to endpoint

Specify new camera target : snap to endpoint at target position.

The view will likely be zoomed in way to far. Via orbit, zoom out to a good view. Now, hopefully, the Parallel/Perspective will show a difference and the model will render correctly.

If it still does not work post the file to let us take a look. I’ll be away from the office till later tonight, however.

Seant you are absolutely correct....

After going through your posts I managed to get the views back under control... I am somewhat ashamed to admit by generally messing around with zoom, points and distance... (This is probably the same approach that got me in this mess to begin with!!!)

Again you remark relating to the switching from Parallel to Perspective in 3D orbit was correct... There was no change what so ever which I knew was wrong but could not pin point how to resolve the problem....

Thanks for the tip regarding viewing points.... Obvious really but a great little tip

Thanks for the inputs problem solved...