Tooltips not working

Rucker34

hi guys i am using AutoCAD LT 09

for some reason today when ever i hover over anything in a drawing or any tools rather than getting the usual text tool tips i am just getting squares i have tried changing the font of my tooltips but that has not worked.

see if there's update available or some fix

I realy can't get eny idea

when it hapend, what where you doing, :?

give some intel

tray repair :wink:

I was not doing anything as far as i know. It was working normally and then a couple of days ago for some reason it was doing that.

I have not changed any settings at all to cause it.

would the repair not cause me to lose all all of my settings?

ok that has not worked. I really have no idea what to try next. i am not really keen on doing a reinstall if it can be avoided.

This may be way off, but thought I'd put it out there anyway. Its not something stupid like a missing font file or something is it? Its just that those boxes reminded me of when you try to load something that you don't have the font file for. :huh:

Just putting it out there. :roll:

This may be way off, but thought I'd put it out there anyway. Its not something stupid like a missing font file or something is it? Its just that those boxes reminded me of when you try to load something that you don't have the font file for. :huh:

Just putting it out there. :roll:

yeah that is what i have been thinking all allong. i may have a go at reloading the font before i call the help line because that is going to cost $3 an hour :s

yeah that is what i have been thinking all allong. i may have a go at reloading the font before i call the help line because that is going to cost $3 an hour :s

Good idea - no doubt they'll just get you to do all the usual things, reboot, ctrl-alt-delete etc just to get their money's worth :wink:

yeah it is looking that way. i called the support people and they had no idea. cost $15 and i am going to have to call back in an hour and see if they have worked it out.

Ok i have done it.

I should mention that i would not have thought to do this if the guy I called on the help line had not told me to go in and change the font of the tooltips item and then when that failed I leter thought I would try all of the other items.

It looks like the Tahoma font on my machine may be corrupt.

I did a right click on my desktop and selected properties, I then went to the appearance tab and clicked on advanced.

From their i went through the item list and changed the fonts for each item one at a time until a found that the message box item was the one which affected the area i was having issues with.

I changed that to Arial, closed down auto cad and when I opened it back up again it was fixed :shock:

Yess! Success :)

Thought it might've been something with the font - one way or another - but glad you got it sorted :)

Thanks for posting the solution so that others may beenfit :)

Lee

• 1 month later...

My tool tips aren't working either - but only in '09

In '07 all is normal and everything works just fine. As part of our move to '10 I translated my custom menus and such into '09 in case our '07 versions won't work when we go to '10. All the menu driven functions and applications work just fine, however the tool tips are behaving in what could technically be called a weird way. :huh:

On the toolbars I have open and on the screen the tooltip will blink once when you point to an icon. In any dialog boxes I open the tooltips continue blinking - in synch with the application focus as it alternates between the main window and the dialog box window. :?

When I click through 'view' then 'toolbars' I get 4 error messages relating to a missing acrobat cui file. 'oking' through those brings up the cui dialog box in which the tooltips work just fine. really :?

This machine has the Revit suite on it, along with cad 07' and '09. Everything else works just fine except for '09 :o

Doug

FIXED : We disabled the NVIDIA nView Desktop Manager features. All I've lost is the ability to 'single click' move an application from one screen to the next or another. It's now a '3 click' operation. Still strange how '09 is the only application that has an issue with it - but oh well - it works.