TextMatch - Pick up where MatchProperties Left off (for MText & Text)

alanjt

TextMatch will allow the user to select a source MText/Text object, then match the specified properties to all selected MText/Text objects.

Properties available:

"AttachmentPoint" "BackgroundFill" "Color" "Height" "Layer" "PlotStyleName" "Rotation" "ScaleFactor" "StyleName" "TextString" "Width"

For now, I'm using the vla style names, but if it deems useful, I'll modify to be a little more user friendly.

In regards to that AttachmentPoint = Justification.

Call with: TextMatch or TM

All comments are welcome and quite useful.

TextMatch1.gif

TextMatch2.gif

TextMatch3.gif

TextMatch4.gif

Originally started here as a way to match text properties but ignore rotation. As you can see, I got a little carried away. :geek:

TextMatch.LSP

Edited by alanjt

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alanjt

• Catsmeat

• Lee Mac

• Freerefill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice, Alan! That's a great little toy.

Getting carried away is never a bad thing. We wouldn't have a tenth of the stuff we do today if someone, somewhere didn't step up and say, "What else could I do with this?"

Very nice, Alan! That's a great little toy.

Getting carried away is never a bad thing. We wouldn't have a tenth of the stuff we do today if someone, somewhere didn't step up and say, "What else could I do with this?"

HaHa, I just posted in the original thread, asking if this had sorted everything out since I hadn't seen a response in 2 days.

Thanks. :) After looking at Match Properties, I wanted to see how much I could mimic it, without too much coding. The list box seemed like a good idea, since any additional options could be easily added/removed.

• 1 month later...
TextMatch will allow the user to select a source MText/Text object, then match the specified properties to all selected MText/Text objects.

Properties available:

"AttachmentPoint" "BackgroundFill" "Color" "Height" "Layer" "PlotStyleName" "Rotation" "ScaleFactor" "StyleName" "TextString" "Width"

For now, I'm using the vla style names, but if it deems useful, I'll modify to be a little more user friendly.

In regards to that AttachmentPoint = Justification.

Call with: TextMatch or TM

All comments are welcome and quite useful.

[ATTACH]15304[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15305[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15306[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15307[/ATTACH]

Originally started here as a way to match text properties but ignore rotation. As you can see, I got a little carried away. :geek:

it really nice, but is there a possibility to match Mtext height & width...because i have tried to match width but no action, if i match with Text it works...please advise.

thanks

it really nice, but is there a possibility to match Mtext height & width...because i have tried to match width but no action, if i match with Text it works...please advise.

thanks

Maybe I don't understand your request, but it will match height and width.

TextMatch5.gif

OK, now I understand what you are asking for. Yeah, as Lee has shown, it's possible. However, messing with formatting codes in MText is a hairy area to play around in. Even Lee's code has a nasty trade off of losing all other formatting code and symbols will be replaced with a "?", within the MText object.

I'm not interested in bugging up the code for one little missing ability. If you are really needing something like that, you are welcome to use Lee's, but even his has a few bugs (no offense to you Lee, I'm just stating the facts).

OK, now I understand what you are asking for. Yeah, as Lee has shown, it's possible. However, messing with formatting codes in MText is a hairy area to play around in. Even Lee's code has a nasty trade off of losing all other formatting code and symbols will be replaced with a "?", within the MText object.

I'm not interested in bugging up the code for one little missing ability. If you are really needing something like that, you are welcome to use Lee's, but even his has a few bugs (no offense to you Lee, I'm just stating the facts).

None taken Alan - I'm no expert with MText formatting codes, and I've seen members over at theSwamp produce reams and reams of code to account for all the combinations... I haven't got time for that... o:)

None taken Alan - I'm no expert with MText formatting codes, and I've seen members over at theSwamp produce reams and reams of code to account for all the combinations... I haven't got time for that... o:)

I have no interest in bothering with it either, but I wanted to state my case and I had to use your code as an example.

• 6 months later...

Noob question, how do I use this? Do I need to download something? Paste something inot a script? I don't know how to get it from the web into my autocad.

Thanks

Noob question, how do I use this? Do I need to download something? Paste something inot a script? I don't know how to get it from the web into my autocad.

Thanks

LT won't run LISP.

Oh that's a shame, guess i'll have to do some (a lot) manual editing *sigh*

Thanks for the quick reply.

No problem. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Ha=) I found a workaround. I select evertything and then use the filter command to deselect everything but the text, and then I can apply the changes I need from the properties dialogue=)

Ha=) I found a workaround. I select evertything and then use the filter command to deselect everything but the text, and then I can apply the changes I need from the properties dialogue=)
Also look at the QSelect command.

Also look at the QSelect command.

Thanks. Qselect works like a charm=) If everyone here on the forum are as friendly as you then I've come to a very nice place.

Thanks. Qselect works like a charm=) If everyone here on the forum are as friendly as you then I've come to a very nice place.

You're in luck, I have the worst attitude out of everyone. :lol:

Enjoy. :)