Batch Find & Replace Text

Lee Mac

• 1 month later...
Hi Xia,

I have designed BFind for use with ASCII characters, I cannot guarantee that it will work with Unicode characters.

Lee

Hi Lee

BFind is very useful.

It will be better for us asians if it would work with Unicode characters.

Do me a favor,please!

Hi Lee

BFind is very useful.

It will be better for us asians if it would work with Unicode characters.

Do me a favor,please!

BFind is also freeware; if you are unsatisfied with it then pay for a dedicated program that will handle Unicode.

BFind is also freeware; if you are unsatisfied with it then that will handle Unicode.

Oh...

Where is the program?Can you provide the Trial Version or some animation?

By the way,can I get the source code if I pay for this dedicated program?

Thanks

Oh...

Where is the program?Can you provide the Trial Version or some animation?

By the way,can I get the source code if I pay for this dedicated program?

Thanks

I don't have such a program, but no doubt there will be one online somewhere...

• 2 months later...
Lee Mac, I just found your great program. Thanks!

You're welcome!

Is there was a way to perform the operation on a selection?

Since this program is predominantly aimed at providing users with a batch find and replace solution, restricting the operation to a selection of objects could only apply to the active drawing, since there would be no way (or at least it would be incredibly difficult) to detect that same set of objects across multiple drawings. If you necessarily require the operation performed on a selection of objects, I would recommend that you use the in-built AutoCAD Find command which offers this functionality and would also be far more robust than my program.

If you necessarily require the operation performed on a selection of objects, I would recommend that you use the in-built AutoCAD Find command which offers this functionality and would also be far more robust than my program.

The built-in ACAD FIND command will not do multiple find and replace operations in one step, nor save and load a set of words to replace. I have been cutting/pasting text out to a temporary drawing session, running your code, then cutting/pasting back into the original drawing. I will continue using it this way. It still saves a lot of steps for me.

Dear Lee

when i use this Lisp, its came like this massage

"Command: BFIND

Working, Please Wait.....

>

>"

If You have time please kindly attention my Prob.

himal,

The message that you are receiving is not an error, but simply indicates that your 'find' string is not found in the content of any of the objects specified in the Options dialog within the drawings that you are processing.

Lee

Dear Lee

IS it possible to search a bunch of text in a notepad in cad and then collect theses texts to a layer...or encircle these texts?

IS it possible to search a bunch of text in a notepad in cad and then collect theses texts to a layer...or encircle these texts?

Not with the current program.

i was expecting some positive answer if u have some...is there a trick in your bag...please let me know...

is it possible to use wild characters in string?

ex : *aarch/600 to *aarch/6000

No, this is unfortunately not possible with the current program.