Data Extraction

camel_racer

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew a way to get an automated data extraction. As in if I click a button it will go through the process of a data extraction & automatically pull out the attributes for the same set of blocks every time & if this is able to import into a customized excel template.

At the moment every time we want to run a Bill of Materials we do a new data extraction & save the dxe file somewhere, scroll through the list to find the 10 or so blocks we want to BOM and then export it to a speadsheet with no formatting & set it up every time... I have used a system in the past where the data extraction was automated & i would love to have it again at my current job.

Another big ask guys... but thanks in advance for any feedback!

Cheers,

Matt

I'm trying to develop something similar to this as well. One problem I keep getting is when the attribute value is numerical, after extracting to excel it defaults numerical cells to text. Any ideas on how I can default them to numerical so I can use them in calculations?

Not sure if you're familiar with the -attext command or not but i found it to be a bit better then a data extraction. Alot easier to write a lisp around this command rather then eattext. When i get my code working i will post, but i'm new to lisp writing so it might take a bit.

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew a way to get an automated data extraction. As in if I click a button it will go through the process of a data extraction & automatically pull out the attributes for the same set of blocks every time & if this is able to import into a customized excel template.

At the moment every time we want to run a Bill of Materials we do a new data extraction & save the dxe file somewhere, scroll through the list to find the 10 or so blocks we want to BOM and then export it to a speadsheet with no formatting & set it up every time... I have used a system in the past where the data extraction was automated & i would love to have it again at my current job.

Another big ask guys... but thanks in advance for any feedback!

Cheers,

Matt

Hi

You can try LXL in this

The aim is to link a textor attribute to a cell and Excel can send values in one way or another.

@+

Cheers for that Partick,

Only thing is I am not very fluent with French or lisp... so I have no idea what is going on with that lisp.

Hi,

Perhaps try my global attribute extractor (link in my sig) it may do that which you require. It will process the current drawing or a directory of drawings including subdirectories if need be. There are options as to how the data is written also.

Let me know how you get on or if you need help.

Lee

I couldnt actually get it to work. I think its because I am trying to do it for dynamic blocks.

At my work we draw alot of exhibition floorplans using autocad. We use a walling system which is a post, a rail top & bottom & an infill panel which goes in between the rails (all are standard stock). I have developed a set of dynamic blocks which you can stretch out & it will autocaticially copy all the required parts of the wall (which are saved as individual blocks) so that a data extraction will pick them up & tell us that we have 900 posts, 1800 beams & 900 panels for example. Previously people would either estimate or count the current stock levels.

Currently the way we run the data extraction is very clumsy & we have to find the 10 or so blocks in the hundreds of blocks that are currently in the drawing & make sure that these are checked to count for the data extraction.

I was hoping there was a way to write a lisp (or use one that has been written) so that when I pressed a button a data extraction would automatically run for the title of the blocks that I want counted.

Hopefully that will help explain what type of lisp I am after.

Thanks,

Matt

I couldnt actually get it to work. I think its because I am trying to do it for dynamic blocks.

At my work we draw alot of exhibition floorplans using autocad. We use a walling system which is a post, a rail top & bottom & an infill panel which goes in between the rails (all are standard stock). I have developed a set of dynamic blocks which you can stretch out & it will autocaticially copy all the required parts of the wall (which are saved as individual blocks) so that a data extraction will pick them up & tell us that we have 900 posts, 1800 beams & 900 panels for example. Previously people would either estimate or count the current stock levels.

Currently the way we run the data extraction is very clumsy & we have to find the 10 or so blocks in the hundreds of blocks that are currently in the drawing & make sure that these are checked to count for the data extraction.

I was hoping there was a way to write a lisp (or use one that has been written) so that when I pressed a button a data extraction would automatically run for the title of the blocks that I want counted.

Hopefully that will help explain what type of lisp I am after.

Thanks,

Matt

Hello

I think my lisp meets your needs.

But my English is quite poor and bring will not be easy, even with Google

@+