3d Roof

il0veaut0cad

Hello everybody in cadtutor.net. First of all, I would like to say that I really admire cadtutor. To everyone who's behind this and to everyone who helps beginners (like me) dig more steep knowledge about AutoCAD. I am very thankful to have cadtutor.

Now, about my concern, I'm really not that good in AutoCAD especially when it comes to 3D. I am still a beginner and very eager to learn more. I started from 2d and learned my way up into a little bit of 3D. I can say that I'm really not that guided if I'm doing stuffs or inputting the commands correctly. Right now, I'm practicing and STILL on a journey on how to create a 3d roof technically correct.

I attached the whole layout here. Hope you share me some of the techniques.

Thanks a LOT LOT LOT!

P.S. Sorry if I talked too much.:D:D

NEED UR HELP.dwg

Here's a good video I ran across a few months ago. This will get you started. You can then use more solid modeling editing commands to create the flat faced "gable" style roof once you have the overall roof extruded.

[video=youtube;2OHx4a-3VBQ]

If you want to stay away from 3d Solids you can also use "pface" to make roofs the only problem is that you have to join 3d points together, yes it can be done via lisp for gable, straights valleys, hips, multi pts etc sorry its copy righted software. basicly you join pfaces together.

• 5 months later...

Hello to everyone.

I have one roof but I can't do this "move faces" or "offset faces" because it says:

"Modeling Operation Error:

Change in topology detected"

(AutoCAD 2010)

and:

"Modeling Operation Error:

Gap cannot be filled"

(AutoCAD 2012)

Please help,

and sorry for bad english, I hope you understand.

• 2 years later...

i have the same issue.

When i try to build a roof in autocad 2010, i apply the solid edit command and then after typing face and move this error apear.

Can somebody help me?

Modeling Operation Error:

Change in topology detected.

casa.dwg

mihaela's roof is a simple design. It's basically flat as only the edges are sloped. Not that I like that particular design but flat roofs are used all over the world.

mihaela: Did you intend the roof to be flat or peaked?