Need Help for Block Attribute

faisal

Hi All,

I need help regarding Block Attributes.

My Problem is that i have a block.dwg and i want to import data collected from our surveyors as Metres and Decimetres, i.e metre should be the attributes with a height of 7 and decimetre should be next to the metre but with height of 5..i have a thousands of points to be imported and after modifying it i will also be exporting it to excel...

Any Help would be appreciable

Thanks

well we r using hypack navigation program for multibeam survey and after collecting data we r importing it into autocad as texts but if i import it as a block attributes i can easily be exporting it to excel using attext command.

perhaps if you give us a sample of the imported data and what it looks like once imported into AutoCAD, we can reformat the text and put it into the block with attributes.

for eg. i have a value of 50.3m depth so i m importing the number 50 as separate text and 3 as separate text so when i use any program like dxf2xyz etc. the coordinates and z values which i m getting are mismatching each other i.e my x and y and even the first text 50 is coming correct but the decimetre value being a separate text is coming after 50-100 rows down...can any one help me out...sorry for my poor english

...but the decimetre value being a separate text is coming after 50-100 rows down...

Is this decimeter value being imported as a new text entity separate from the first one? Or how is it coming in 50-100 rows down? Are you refering to Excel or AutoCAD?

basically i get surveyed data in excel format i.e easting,northing and depth value eg. 721546,2415789 23.5. And what i do is copy the depth column i.e third column and paste it to notepad and save it by any name and again i open it with excel by clicking on delimited file type and gives the delimeter (.) and hence my 23.5 value comes like 23 in separate row and 5 in separate row and after i make a script file for both of them with same easting and northing and finally after running script in autocad i move all the decimetres by selcting it from filter command.

what i exactly need is to import both of them as one block attributes so that if i want to export them they should come perfectly....My senior colleagues used to do it with the help of lips program but they all left and me and my new colleagues are not aware of this.

i am trying it from last two weeks but still not succeeded your help would be appreciated as i have lots of another projects forth coming.

you should change your delimeter to a semicolon (;) or something other than a point (.) This will keep your decimal value together and can be imported as either a numeric value or a string. The string is easily broken down in AutoLISP to two strings if you need it that way for the attributes.

You only have AutoCad Lt which means no lisp scripts can be used.

Personally I would just leave the 52.3 all in the same size text and not worry about making the integer preceding the decimal place a smaller text size if it is a lot of time (and thus money) to do so.

You only have AutoCad Lt which means no lisp scripts can be used.

I noticed this too. But faisal said there were lisp programs involved.

If the data is in excell then you could make it into a script that reads all the relevant bits as required by autocad

Excell.................................Autocad

23.5,34.5,16.8 now becomes insert myblock 23.5,34.5 16.8 block has one attribute that the 16.8 would go into automatically.

Else a pretty simple lisp that just reads a txt file for x,y,z does the same insert.

paste a copy of your excell

i have a lisp routine but i dont know what type of input it requires and i do not even know how to attach that lisp in this forum.

Help would be appreciable