Insert blocks from excel with attribute info

bigmaz

Hi guys

I have found a few things on here, but not exactly what I want. We have a excel spreadsheet with borehole references and coordinates. I need to be able to insert a block according to these coordinates and the borehole reference as the attribute. Can someone please help me with this? A lsp routine? Here is a sample of the excel:

test.zip

I did look at that, but it doesnt seem to have the option to insert the attibute reference in each block.

I guess I misread the following line.

"If attribute data follows the point data within a txt/csv file, the user may choose to populate block attributes with such data..."

Because the data is in excel you could use excell to write a script its just a case of having the columns reflect a line in a script file and copying and pasting to say notepad then running. eg code _Insert boreblock x,y 1 0 for each borehole 1 after another.

Have to go to meeting now will see if I can do the macro for you later.

preset your insert parameters to pick insert point on screen set scale and rotation required. Please note these can be set also from excell but for simplicity left out.

HAVE A LOOK AT THIS a block with 3 attributes borehole material 1 and material 2

put the concatenate to a cell to the right in your spreadsheet

BORE1 23.456 123.45 LOOSE SOLID =CONCATENATE("_INSERT" "BOREHOLEBLOCK"," ",VALUE(A1)," ",value(A2)," ",VALUE(B2),",",VALUE(C2)," ",VALUE(D2)," ",VALUE(E2))

BORE2 52.145 145.256 COMPACT ROCK then copy down here

just highlight the concatenate column and cut and paste to command line should work

Edited by BIGAL

• 1 year later...