How do I bring the Z axis on survey dwgs to zero

inhabit263

So I have this drawing which has the z axis all over the place.. I believe there is a command that can be used to bring and flatten the entire drawing down to zero Z height, so I can get on with proper 2d interrogation of the drawing.. Kindly assist.

Different methods to flatten entities with varying Z-coordinates to Z=0.

Via a macro (Source: CADforum)

Add a new macro (icon) to your toolbar - in fact two single-line macros (tool buttons) - one for selected objects and the second for all objects:

[FlattenSel]

[b][font=Arial]^C^C_UCS;;_select \_move _p;;0,0,1e99;;_move _p;;0,0,-1e99;;[/font][/b]

[FlattenAll]

[b][font=Arial]^C^C_UCS;;_move_all;;0,0,1e99;;_move_all;;0,0,-1e99;;_chprop;_all;;_thickness;0;;[/font][/b]

(keep the macro text on a single line; the displayed format is to be used for old MNU/MNS files - if you add the macro through the new CUI dialog, use just its code starting with ^C)

Do not use it on 3D solids as it may distort them.

(original concept by Randy Richardson)

Using FLATTEN.LSP as originally written by Mark Middlebrook with improvements by Vladmir Livshiz.

FLATTEN.LSP sets the Z-coordinates of these types of objects to 0

;;; in the World Coordinate System:

;;; "3DFACE" "ARC" "ATTDEF" "CIRCLE" "DIMENSION"

;;; "ELLIPSE" "HATCH" "INSERT" "LINE" "LWPOLYLINE"

;;; "MTEXT" "POINT" "POLYLINE" "SOLID" "TEXT"

Link: www.spaug.org/Public_Files/AutoLISP/Flatten.Lsp

In full AutoCAD one can go to Express Tools and use the FLATTEN OBJECTS command which can be found in the Modify section.

Some users have suggested using the FLATSHOT command available in full AutoCAD.

And an “oldie but goodie” from “back in the day” is the CHANGE command and its ELEVATION option.

Two additional options, in the form of lisp routines, have recently come to my attention.

The first is called Flat.lsp (author: unknown) and the second is called Zero.lsp (author: Allen Cullen as submitted to CADTutor on 23-May-2007). Both can be accessed via this link:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?13763-How-to-flatten-the-z&highlight=Extremecheese.....

Edited by SLW210
Added code tags to Macro!