Missing Text

willilu

I opened my Autocad today to discover that none of the drawings I open are displaying any type of text. This includes dimension text, multi/single line text, and titleblocks. My coworkers can open with text, so I am confident that it is a setting of some sort in my program. I have looked thropugh every menu and option and I have been unable to find the setting that would need to be changed.

Check that the QTEXTMODE system variable is set to 1 and call REGEN command just after. However not sure that this will help since this setting should affect the drawing on other workstations as well.

If it is what we have had before, a restart of autocad fixes it. A way to tell if it is the same - any key you type will show *undefined shape ##" on the command line.

Do you by chance have copitrak software installed? http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010/Problem-with-undefined-shape/td-p/2666563/page/2

The problem, for us at least, is only within a short time after turning on the computer and firing up autocad as soon as possible. I'm no IT guy, but something is loading/not loading/out of order in that short time frame (maybe the copitrak issue in the link).