ROW label in Section View ATTACHMENT

BarbM

Sorry about that.

What's the best way to show and label a ROW in the section views? Please see attached.

Here are the options that I'm aware of

• create a feature line and project to view (didn't work as it had no elevation)
  • create it as an offset alignment
  • create point offsets from alignment stations (as recommended in Help Menu)
  • use a point code? (no code listed for ROW)

What's shown in the attachment is how I would like it to look. Thanks all!

Label ROW.pdf

just one way to do it - but I select "project objects to section view" Under Home - Profile and setion Views. Then select my surveyed ROW point and select the section I want it to appear on.

Since it is a ROW and they typ. are offset the same amount from 0 you can also just create a block and place them manually in each section.

It has to have elevation for 'project to section view' to work is that right? I'd like the ROW label to appear on every section view, so I was hoping to avoid the manual place in each one. Plus, this design is still in the draft stage.

Ok so you need to lay out your proposed ROW on the plan view. Convert that line to a

feature line (make sure and label it ROW etc). No go through the steps again to Project to section.

When you get the "Project Objects to section view" dialog box look to the right under "Label style"

Select "Standard" or whatever it is currently set to and click that style. Select "create new"

to create a new style for your ROW line. Youll have to play with the Layout tab for the text to appear how you want it but this at least will place a label for your ROW line.

Okay - with your help, I've made progress. (yay! Thank you) But the label is coming in at elevation 0.00, which stretches the section view vertically (way up) to include the section at elevations in the range of 740. I figure I can change the elevation of my 2 feature lines (aka ROW lines) but can't find the right window to do so. Please see attached - the Elevation info is not selectable.

Oh sorry I should have mentioned to make the row line a 3dpoly line that way you can give it a elevation right above your surface

that will not mess up your sections.

Another way in the help file is

Right-click a feature line

ac.menuaro.gifAdd To Surface As Breakline.

Im not sure that is the best way since it may screw up your surface.