Wipeout PDF Problems

Primal Scientist

Hi (again)......

I seem to be having a few issues with Wipeout's and PDF's. :?

When I PDF a drawing that contains a Wipeout, when printed, the Wipeout becomes a mass of vertical lines, and as such has the opposite effect of what I am after.

Can anyone help here?

Thanks again.

Primal.

If you use a high quality PDFer that wont happen. I use Bluebeam for that very reason. We use wipeouts on some of our standard symbols so that means there are wipeouts on every sheet of every drawing. Bluebeam handles wipeouts flawlessly.

Yeah I did ask for Adobe Distiller but was refused by the IT Dept as they said it was too expensive...........??? :?

Bluebeam is $200 for the CAD addition, but it can run a batch convert and you can save your settings per project. That makes the return on investment a no-brainer. No more opening 1 drawing at a time, plot to PDF, close, open the next drawing..... What used to take 2 hours to convert to PDF I can now do in 10 minutes. It only takes converting a couple of 300+ drawing sets to justify the expense.

Yeah the IT Dept here are not very user friendly if you know what I mean.....:reallymad:

I did ask but to be honest they just dont understand!!

Give me an IT Support company that actually supports you?? :?

Hi,

Had the same problem as you when i was on 2005, downloaded bluebeam for the trial period....worked great...but the powers that be would not buy it.

I am now on 2008 and created a plotter using the following from the help file. It works ok with wipeouts but I have no idea if it works for 2007.

To configure a plotter driver for PDF file output

1. From the File menu, choose Plotter Manager.
  2. Double-click the Add-a-Plotter Wizard shortcut icon.
  3. On the Begin page, select My Computer. Choose Next.
  4. On the Plotter Model page, under Manufacturers, select Autodesk ePlot (PDF).
  5. On the Import PCP or PC2 page, choose Import File and select a PCP or PC2 file to import (optional). Choose Import. Then choose Next.
  6. On the Ports page, select Plot to File. Choose Next.
  7. On the Plotter Name page, enter a name for the plotter configuration file. Choose Next.
  8. On the Finish page, choose Finish. A new plotter configuration file (PC3) is created.

ac.keyboard.gif Command entry: PLOTTERMANAGER

This is typical, because I am working out on site, our main server holds all the CAD info back at our office and my CAD is looking for that server.

It looks like I will have to wait until I go back. :cry:

Does anyone know if CAD 2008 fixes th PDF - Wipeout issue at all?

Cheers.

Primal.

I use 2008Full and I still had problems.

I also found the build in DWG>PDF writer is useless and the files come out very very big and not as good as quality.

So if I have the wipeout problem I do DWG>DWF>PDF. Thanksfully I rarely use wipeouts so dont have to do this often.

What are you supposed to do though?

We all need it, and creating a text box then using col 255 isnt pratical really.

When I used Distiller, I never had any of the problems I have now.

• 3 years later...
If you use a high quality PDFer that wont happen. I use Bluebeam for that very reason. We use wipeouts on some of our standard symbols so that means there are wipeouts on every sheet of every drawing. Bluebeam handles wipeouts flawlessly.

I checked that link, it looks like Bluebeam is a software program? I was under the impression it was a driver to use w/ AutoCAD.

Can you confirm/clarify?:)

Dude, this thread is like 4 years old! But yes, Bluebeam is a software program. That being said, you can link Bluebeam to AutoCAD, Revit, and I think even Word. A menu will then show up in CAD and you can run your Bluebeam functions from there.

Yeah I realized that after I posted... but hey I don't care about the date of the info..its the quality.

Thanks again.