Inserting PDF Files

robnad

When I try to insert a pdf into my drawing as an OLE Object I get the following message : Failed To Create Object. Make Sure The Object Is Entered In The System Registry." Where is the system registry and how do I enter something into it?

Thanks!

Rob on my 2002, I only get that error when I cancel out of the Open .pdf file screen.

Can you explain exaclty how you are inserting...step by step.

and did you create the .pdfs or soemone else.

• 1 year later...

Does that method keep the actual scale that the pdf is in. I ask this question because when I try this method for what ever reason seems to insert the pdf to what ever scale it likes. Any suggestions where I could be going wrong. I have a drawing scaled at 1:500 and scanned the drawing to create a pdf which I want to insert into Cad model space. I planned then to add my information and create a viewport at 1:1 to give an actual drawing scale as 1:500.

GIB: You are responding to a thread posted a year ago and the last person to comment on it no longer frequents CADTutor. My suggestion would be to post as a new question.

Pdf's are a pain in the ***** when it comes to scale we recieve pdf's from a vast number of companies and have given up re plotting to true scale.

There was somewhere here about 2009 and PDF's upgrade available looking now.