Content Center issue

Toolish

For some reason I can no longer access the content center on my system. It is a single user set-up (No vault) and I have never had to enter a username or anything like that. Now when I attempt to access the content center a dialogue box comes up requesting username, password, server and database and I have no idea why this is coming up now or what the values should be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

You have to log into the vault to access your content center.

That is where all of the content is stored, in a file store in your vault.

Vault2.jpg

You must log in that is where is is situated.

Vault.JPG

Do not change it, it is easier to leave it blank.

Also in the bottom left corner of this dialog box tick the box automatically log me in the next session.

Good Luck

I also use Vault to use contents and you will need to install Vault, I will also add If you load Vault you may also need the Data Management Server installed this is on the disk, install it and follow instructions.

Thanks for the ideas. When I try to log-in I get an error saying

"Autodesk Inventor 2008 could not find the Data Management Services on localhost"

I had been using content center for about 6 months on this machine with no problems until this happened so I am not sure what changed!

I am the only person who ever uses this machine, the data manager has not been uninstalled. That said I will try a reinstall and see if that fixes it. Thanks

I fully uninstalled all Autodesk programs off my computer then reintalled them all. Initially (Friday) the content center worked but today (Monday) it has stopped working again. There is obviously some sort of conflict there, but not sure what. Any suggestions welcome. At this stage I am thinking I may back everything up, format the PC and start again.

If it worked on Friday it should work now.

Check that you are logged in.

Are you logging on to a net work?

Does the computers user name change?

Stand alone user with a stand alone content center on the same machine. There is no need for me to log into anything (security is a low priority here) and the computer name stays the same.

That's Fine But to access the content centre you must be logged into the vault like my first post.

If it does not work then i don't know i would have to have a look at it.

Good Luck

OPC, I couldn't log into the vault, that was the wohle problem. Got told ADMS did not exist on machine. So....

I formatted the PC and restarted.

During the reinstalation of inventor it brought up an error saying another program is using port 80 (skype) so I am wondering if that was the problem all along.

Some more research tells my skype switches ports a bit at will and wondering if this caused a conflict with ADMS and content center. Either way I have adjusted skype settings to not use prot 80 and so far so good.

Thanks all for the attempts to help though.

• 3 weeks later...