sweep going goofy

dumfatnhappy

I'm trying to lay down railroad track and thought the sweep command is the best (only) way to achieve this. What controls the way it sweeps?

see pic

thanks

rail.jpg

apparently EXTRUDE also has a path option (or am I wrong? I've not got AutoCAD to check on)

strix you rock! I extruded it along a path.

outstanding.

many thanks!

not sure really, all I know is the sweep went goofy and the extrude (along a path) worked like a charm. Like I said.... I'm just learning this solids thing.

thank you Strix

not sure really, all I know is the sweep went goofy and the extrude (along a path) worked like a charm. Like I said.... I'm just learning this solids thing.

thank you Strix

ok, here is one for you...what's the difference between the revsurf command and revolve?

Revsurf will create a complex surface model made up of many facets. The SURFTAB1 and SURFTAB2 system variables control the number of divisions in the final mesh.

Revolve will create a solid object.

ahhhh..... may have just solved my problem. Can you think of a reason *not* to make something a solid?

me

(I'm all about getting face(ed)

ok, here is one for you...what's the difference between the revsurf command and revolve?

One's solid and one's a mesh? :?

edit: Note to self: read whole thread before posting!

ahhhh..... may have just solved my problem. Can you think of a reason *not* to make something a solid?

me

(I'm all about getting face(ed)

if you're designing vacuum formed plastic?

Nooop, it's a hollow object :P

:oops: sorry brainmelt happened that day i thought it was solid. (The plastic i mean, not me brain - that's just cotton wool!:shock: )