Drawing information in layout tab is white but coloured in Model

Hi all,

description in the title, at first i thought it was that the drawing was done in 2008 but I just found out the drawing was created in 2005. Even stranger again is that when I open any of the drawings from the architect for the first time the colours are fine but when I close it (even if i dont save it) then open it again all information in the layout tab is white while eveything is still coloured in the model tab and layout manager. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Sean.

This sounds like the drawing has some form of plot style attributed to the layouts.

To check, enter PAGESETUP, select the one that is current for the layout in question and click on Modify. check in the top right hand corner of the plot dialogue box in the Pen Style Table. I am guessing that there is a tick in the box just below that.

ok thanks, this worked, well kinda. It works but when the page setup is saved and the drawing is closed and saved it keeps happening. I can keep turning it off but it would be nice to have a solution. I tried VISRETAIN just incase it would work but no luck :(

I did save the page setup and made it current. Even tried making a new page layout with the box unchecked, it always works but only while i have the drawing open. once save, close then open it again the box is checked again. Think it is a problem with my autoCAD installation. Might try a re-install.

Thanks for the help.