Mtext

TomC

Hi guys

I am running full AutoCAD 2010 and am having a problem with adjusting the mtext height in the text editor.

When I double click on an mtext item the text editor is displayed, then I go to the text height section in this text editor and type in my required text height but it does not change the height of the highlighted text or 'hold' the text height I inputted.

There are some text heights in the drop down menu but if there is not one I want I have to select one of the unwanted text heights and close the text editor and the scale up or down the mtext to my required height - not very practical.

I feel it is a setting I need to alter but have had no luck so far in finding it.

Any help greatfully received.

Sorry, but I can't seem to reproduce your problem and I've got 2010 open right now. I can change the text height at will.

When did you first start having this problem?

Have you checked your units. If your drawing units are in decimal (.25) and you are trying to change the mtext height using architectual (1/4) it will not work.

A workaround for new text. Type _mtext at the command line. Pick the first corner as prompted by AutoCAD. Next, type H for height and change the text height. Then pick the second corner as prompted. Type your text. When finished click the text editor's OK button. Did you get the height you wanted?

Another thought is, what text style is your default? And is the text height set at a particular number? Type in ST and check the height. To be able to change the height, it needs to be set to zero.

Text height can be preset for single line text (DText). I don't believe it should have any affect what-so-ever on MText.

Hi guys- thanks for the prompt replies.

I have manged to create a 'work around' following some of your replies - by changing the 'MTEXTTOOLBAR' setting from 2 which it was set at to 1 - so now when I start mtext the floating text editor appears and I can adjust height as required in this text editor text height box.

Strange you mention that. I came across that same system variable yesterday and noticed that the default setting is normally 2 so I did not bother to mention it. Maybe you use a custom LISP routine that changes the setting? Who knows? Anyway, I'm glad to hear you've worked around the problem. Thank you for updating us.