Educational Stamp problem

catfever

I received the drawings with comments from consultant.

The cad drawings are infected with stamps.:cry:

I was ordered to use such drawing to update the routing of the services.

When I use DXFOUT to change it to the DXF version 2000.

I can't open it the dxf drawing.

the error like below when i tried to open the dxf:

Undefined shape 4

Invalid or incomplete DXF input -- drawing discarded.

Press ENTER to continue.

what can i do now?

please help.

:unsure:

You can do one of two things.

Either contact the person who supplied you with these drawings and tell them they need to provide you with proper drawings created with a legal version of Autocad, not a student version.

Or

Contact your Autocad reseller, or your Autodesk rep, and tell them what's happened. Of course, they will want to know who supplied you with these drawings though.

The educational version is for students, not working professionals. Don't allow this guy to get away with this nonsense.

I agree with Cad64 in this instance - as a student myself, I rely on the student versions, hence if this sort of corruption is condoned, Autodesk may decide to remove the priveledge completely.

• 4 weeks later...
Please do not encourage the commercial use of an educational version by using workarounds to remove the plot stamp. Contact your Autodesk dealer.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2881274&linkID=9240617

thx so much.

finally, the drawing cannot be cleaned by capopia anymore.

it hangs whenever i open with those infected files that i have got from other parties.

i give up to change it, just using the correction fluid to cover the stamp on the printout.

i use the commerical one at the office but i dunno who is using the educational one.

it is because the drawings are passed thru many parties before.

it really hurt now as it takes time to open the infected drawings.:(

Well, until you solve this problem, by finding the person responsible for supplying you with these drawings, you will continue to infect every file that these drawings come in contact with. You are also leaving yourself open for potential legal trouble if someone ends up reporting you to Autodesk for providing them with these educational files. By accepting, using and distributing these drawings, you are just as liable as the person who created them.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to figure out where these drawings originated.

Be part of the solution instead of helping to perpetuate the problem.

Contact Autodesk and report people that are using the student version for commercial purposes.

I agree with Cad64 in this instance - as a student myself, I rely on the student versions, hence if this sort of corruption is condoned, Autodesk may decide to remove the priveledge completely.

I too agree with Cad64. Let's not encourage work-arounds.

Tell your client to bite the bullet and purchase the full, paid, version of AutoCad.

I too agree with Cad64,

If you receive drawings like this just point blank refuse to use them, and if anyone complains just point out the obvious, using them are illiegal.

Again i would suggest you report this situation to Autodesk. Workarounds are not the answer.

Solutions to the problem have been posted here in the past. If we are going to have a policy of not encouraging the dissemination of this type of information then shouldn't all those previous threads be eliminated as well? Anyone looking at the Similar Threads info below can pretty much find what they are looking for.

Solutions to the problem have been posted here in the past. If we are going to have a policy of not encouraging the dissemination of this type of information then shouldn't all those previous threads be eliminated as well? Anyone looking at the Similar Threads info below can pretty much find what they are looking for.

Sounds like a good idea, I think it would also be worth asking

moderators to close further instances of this after the initial response

of explaining why not to do it have been posted, so people can see

other people have asked, but before any workaround is posted, the

thread is viewable but not post-to-able. (If that's even possible :?)

I have to say that I agree.

• 1 year later...