Complex Linetype

drayle

I'm using AutoCAD 2010 LT. Can somebody give me the string that I would use to create a complex linetype that is just hatching. I am editing existing block diagrams of networks and need to put hashmarks over cables to indicate to the installer that the cable should be removed during an installation/ripout. I want something fast and thought if I could just lay down a line of hatch marks on the existing lines it would be quick an easy. I have messed with creating it, but can't get it to look right. I don't want spaces, dashes, or dots, just a continous line of evenly spaced hatch like this:

///////////////

I'm also open to other ideas of achieving the same end result.

Thanks,

Dave

Try this, you may need to adjust the spacing/offsets to suit your needs; be sure the text style Standard has a height of 0

*DEMO,Demolition /  /  /  /  /  /  /  /  /  /  /  /
A,.0000001,-.1,["/",STANDARD,S=.1,R=0.0,X=-0.1,Y=-.05],-.1

Thanks for the quick replies.

Remark - I thought about switching to one of the preloaded linetypes, but I thought hey we paid a lot of money for this program why not make it do what I want it to. Besides that it means I get to learn something new.

lpseifert - Thanks. That is perfect. The dots get absorbed by the line being hatched over so you don't even see them when I print monochrome.

Thanks again.

Dave