Can I turn a spline into a ployline (acad2002)

andyboy

I would like to convert a spline to a polyline for the sole purpose of finding the area. Is there a way to do this or is there another way to find the area of a spline? Typing list does not give me the area.

Thanks,

J

• 5 weeks later...

The Properties Window lists the area of a spline (open or closed) in the last box. If there is a shape with a combination Spline/Line, Arc, Spline, etc.: Create Region with all parts and the Properties Window shows area in the second from last box.

If you type list for your spline, and it does not give an area, this is because the spline is not closed.

How can you have an area of an open line?

When you list a polyline which is not closed, it reports an area as if the polyline were closed.

• 4 years later...
Go to the website below and get the spline2pline lisp routine. Copy the code, paste it into notepad and save it with the name spline2pline.lsp

http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=121517&page=9

I know this is an old thread, but i just found it using search and am not sure which folder in AC to put this in, or how to get it into AC to use, I am using AC08, thanks in advance if some one could lead me in the right direction. I have copied and renamed the file, just not sure how to implement it. TY!

I know this is an old thread, but i just found it using search and am not sure which folder in AC to put this in, or how to get it into AC to use, I am using AC08, thanks in advance if some one could lead me in the right direction. I have copied and renamed the file, just not sure how to implement it. TY!

It doesn't matter where you save it.

http://lee-mac.com/runlisp.html

i had forgotten how to load it in AC, but found it on the forum, been awhile since i did any of that. It seems to work OK, just playing with it now to get the hang of it. TY!!