Decimal Precision in Inventor 11

LitePL

I cannot find where to change the default decimal place dimensions are rounded to. I can easily change single dimensions in a project to allow further decimal places. The default is to 2 decimal places (.12).

I need it to go to 3 decimal places (.123) by default to all dimensions shown.

If someone could show me where exactly to set this option that would be great.:D

I only have 1.5 years experience in Inventor from school classes. I am taking the Project Lead The Way courses. Right now I am finished with the first class, Intro to Engineering, and am on the second, Principles of Engineering.

Right now I work on small projects but i plan to develop my knowledge of Engineering and Architecture even further.

Are you referring to sketch dimensions in ipt file or drawing dimensions in idw file?

ipt > Tools>Document Settings>Units tab and set the Display Precision.

in idw is a bit more complex

Format>Style Editor... practice around in here a bit - lots of settings

or

easier,

Right click on a dimension and change Precision, then right click on the dimension again and select Copy Properties

Many thanks to you. This has been bugging me for a while and finally i can set it to default. Oh and the Styles Editor is in Format not Tools.

Depends on your set std.

For me I use GB, then goto Styles Editor, and Check the dims and the 3rd ngle projection. I can save edits as well.

Nick

• 4 years later...
Are you referring to sketch dimensions in ipt file or drawing dimensions in idw file?

ipt > Tools>Document Settings>Units tab and set the Display Precision.

in idw is a bit more complex

Format>Style Editor... practice around in here a bit - lots of settings

or

easier,

Right click on a dimension and change Precision, then right click on the dimension again and select Copy Properties

Thanks, at least I found the answer.

But it is not a smart way of changing dimensions. Autodesk must look for a smart way like what you can find in AutoCAD.

But it is not a smart way of changing dimensions. Autodesk must look for a smart way like what you can find in AutoCAD.

You haven't yet learned Inventor.

Set it once in your template and forget it - just like AutoCAD.

Well, can you please let me know how to do this not on the template but on an old drawing file?

I have an old drawing file, all the dims are like 2.02 and I want to have 2.0.

Where can I change the setting?

Well, can you please let me know how to do this not on the template but on an old drawing file?

I have an old drawing file, all the dims are like 2.02 and I want to have 2.0.

Where can I change the setting?

MANAGE --> STYLES EDITOR --> DIMENSION

Find whichever dimension style you're using and want to change, then adjust the format and precision to match what you want.

MANAGE --> STYLES EDITOR --> DIMENSION

Find whichever dimension style you're using and want to change, then adjust the format and precision to match what you want.

Thanks mate.