• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• erik_NL

• JeepMaster

• rkohan

• Lee Mac

So 8 views so far, and still no comments?

Any problems? Any changes needed?

Cheers

Did find some problems, i'm writing them on paper for now and try to post them later this morning when i "found them all".

Guest LElkins
Did find some problems, i'm writing them on paper for now and try to post them later this morning when i "found them all".

Cheers. Please do as I am curious what they are, all working fine my end for about 30 users...

ok,

The one i could reproduce easy;

Starting a fresh autocad session. By running the tool ( with vbarun under a macro ), getting the select drawings form, i selected 3 locally drawings with one xref each. select on the secondscreen all but "save as". It opens the drawings but it looks as it is on the last; i'm getting the following error;

Runtime Error '-2145320900 (8021003c)

Failed to get the document object

Debug marks the next line

Count = ThisDrawing.Blocks.Count - 1

still running acad2008

Guest LElkins
ok,

The one i could reproduce easy;

Starting a fresh autocad session. By running the tool ( with vbarun under a macro ), getting the select drawings form, i selected 3 locally drawings with one xref each. select on the secondscreen all but "save as". It opens the drawings but it looks as it is on the last; i'm getting the following error;

Runtime Error '-2145320900 (8021003c)

Failed to get the document object

Debug marks the next line

still running acad2008

Cheers,

I have just had a look, and eventually managed to reproduce this error, and as untidy as it may be, if you add the line

On Error Resume Next

above

then it should be fine.

Try it out and let me know.

Cheers

Cheers,

I have just had a look, and eventually managed to reproduce this error, and as untidy as it may be, if you add the line

above

then it should be fine.

Try it out and let me know.

Cheers

First check did give the same error, i copied some more line's of the same on all subs with the line "next" after the dim lines.

Checked again and it all is ok !!!!!!

Thanks !

First check did give the same error, i copied some more line's of the same on all subs with the line "next" after the dim lines.

Checked again and it all is ok !!!!!!

Thanks !

Quoting myself :-)

I have problems downloading the file ( i'm @ home and didn't bring the file with me ). Am i the only one having this problem ?

Guest LElkins
Quoting myself :-)

I have problems downloading the file ( i'm @ home and didn't bring the file with me ). Am i the only one having this problem ?

Having problems d/ling?

You mean because you can't see a link or what?

This is probably because I deleted the attachment as I felt advantage was being taken of my work without any kind of thanks, input or anything. I have noticed this happens a lot on the site, and feel that some of the guys need to take a good long think about the time some people spend on here helping others, with very little gratitude in most cases. One short message of thanks, or a bit of input, be it constructive critisicm, or other, is often all it takes, but for there to be nothing, it often leaves you questioning yourself for as to why you bother.

erik, this does not apply to you. You have been very grateful and very helpful, thank you. I am more than happy to email you updated versions of this when required.

Cheers

Having problems d/ling?

You mean because you can't see a link or what?

This is probably because I deleted the attachment as I felt advantage was being taken of my work without any kind of thanks, input or anything. I have noticed this happens a lot on the site, and feel that some of the guys need to take a good long think about the time some people spend on here helping others, with very little gratitude in most cases. One short message of thanks, or a bit of input, be it constructive critisicm, or other, is often all it takes, but for there to be nothing, it often leaves you questioning yourself for as to why you bother.

erik, this does not apply to you. You have been very grateful and very helpful, thank you. I am more than happy to email you updated versions of this when required.

Cheers

Thank you for the kind words. I'm trying to learn from the people here. I've the file @ work so no problem for me.

Hope you still will try to help people here. I'm learning from you and others here fast but i'm still no vba expert and not everything is in the book(s) ;-)

Guest LElkins
Anyone know how I can detach an unloaded Xref(s) in the multiple bind routine?

Saiman,

Which routine are you referring to? Script? VBA? Lisp?

This was handled automatically in the final file VBA I posted. If you do not have that then let me know.

I am currently reviewing the possibility of handling nested xrefs, although I am not sure which route I will take yet, if any.

Cheers

Hi!

Im trying to run the script on the 1st page... i have followed the instructions (i think) and run the script, but it says "can't find the dwg. check the file exists"

Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?

cheers

Timmy

LElkins,

I am using your IssueRoutine.scr, it works great but some xrefs will not bind due to unloaded xref's. I want to be able to detach the unloaded xrefs in the dwgs if possible.

Also, do you have anything that will flatten 3D objects/blocks? I've used the flatten command, burst, explode, export, etc. but, sometimes that still doesn't work. I was wondering if anyone have something better to convert 3D into 2D.

Thanks for your Help:D

Guest LElkins
LElkins,

I am using your IssueRoutine.scr, it works great but some xrefs will not bind due to unloaded xref's. I want to be able to detach the unloaded xrefs in the dwgs if possible.

Saiman,

As far as I can see, this doesn't seem to be possible. I suggest you look at vba or lisp if you have full version of autocad.

Also, do you have anything that will flatten 3D objects/blocks? I've used the flatten command, burst, explode, export, etc. but, sometimes that still doesn't work. I was wondering if anyone have something better to convert 3D into 2D.

I have a few things that may acheive what you want. I don't have them at work with me. I will see if I can find them at home when I get a chance.

Cheers

Guest LElkins
JeepMaster

awesome! thanks a bunch:D

Saiman,

Out of curiosity, why were you using the .scr rather than the vba that I posted. The .scr is purely a cheap and cheerful way to acheive a similar result in LT...

Cheers

LElkins

I do like the vba better and It looks awesome.I would love to use it, but it doesn't let you select multiple dwgs and it gives me a "runtime error '-2145320900(8021003c): fail to get the Document object".

You are the man!:D

LElkins

I do like the vba better and It looks awesome.I would love to use it, but it doesn't let you select multiple dwgs and it gives me a "runtime error '-2145320900(8021003c): fail to get the Document object".

You are the man!:D

i can't remember my error exactly but if this is the some error i had; check this thread pls. Look for; Resume on error.

Just so you know, I am a new/casual user. I tried the process, but when it opened the first file it stopped. It is just sitting there. Am I missing something?