2004 or 2007 Problems

ktmjunkie

Hi Guys some help needed here please.

I am recieving drawings on e mail and i can not open some of them in 2004. I have a copy of 2007 but when i loaded this i could not then open old drawings i had on the pc. so i removed 2007.

Question is : if i load 2007 again so i can open latest emailed drawings will i still be able to open and work on old drawings i have on the hard drive. does it ovewrite 2004 version or can i have 2 versions loaded at once on my pc. thanks in anticipation guys.

Regards Gordon

With 2007 you can save back to an earlier format such as 2004 or lower if you want to. This can be done in Options under the Open and Save tab to set your default.

AutoCAD 2007 is capable of opening any drawing files created with 2004.

According to the EULA, unless you are on subscription, you can only have a previous version of AutoCAD still loaded on your computer for a limited time period (which I can't recall at the moment). This allows you to transition into the newer version at a slower pace knowing you have the comfort of going back to 2004.

Just to be clear on this.

I was only referring to saving back from 2007 so a drawing could be opened in 2004. Sorry if I did not fully understand the question.