Which version is better

Daniel Laroche

Good Afternoon.

Where I work, we are called upon revising Autocad drawing and adding comments. We are not going to design anything, at the most we may have to red line something on the drawing and insert comment over a section of the drawing.

We have autocad (2005) available. But for our purpose, I was wondering if the Autocad lite version would be better, since some of our personel is not autocad trained.

My second question on this topic is: What is the main difference between autcad 2005 and autocad lite?

So you don't need AutoCAD at all it seems. Sounds like you could just as easily get away with a drawing viewer that has red-lining capabilities. Right?

Good Afternoon.

Where I work, we are called upon revising Autocad drawing and adding comments. We are not going to design anything, at the most we may have to red line something on the drawing and insert comment over a section of the drawing.

We have autocad (2005) available. But for our purpose, I was wondering if the Autocad lite version would be better, since some of our personel is not autocad trained.

My second question on this topic is: What is the main difference between autcad 2005 and autocad lite?

AutoCAD LT doesn't allow to run custom programs, it has no 3D tools, as well as lacking a few other amenities that the full version has to offer. Seems you will do just fine with AutoCAD LT for viewing and/or small revisions. The only thing better about it, would be the cost break of using LT vs the Full package since you don't need the full version.

But for what you're wanting to do you might be able to get a better deal on a cheaper program than LT for extremely simple things, such as comments or red lines. Maybe look into autodesk Design Review. It's free and does what you'll be needing. :)

• 2 months later...