Japan's Standard

JM16A2

Hello,

My Company is currently shipping some machines to Japan and I need to include some drawings. I have combed Google for information and have come up short handed. I am basically looking for standards in anything really. I am sure I can just leave the drawings as is with all the American Standards, but I know it will not look bad if I can show I am able to convert. Some answers I came up with is buying books, I am short on time and don't have time to buy a book.This is not super important so if you have suggestions thanks.

Thank you Remark, I was also wondering what is the Standards used in Japan, I have found that they use metric (like the rest of the world), but I was unable to check the resources. .

I've only produced one drawing that was seen by a Japanese customer. We used the method I mentioned previously. At least no matter what side of the Pacific one was on the dimensions were understandable. It avoided a lot of confusion.

You're entirely welcomed JM. Sorry I couldn't offer any further assistance re: drafting standards in Japan. I would suggest you try searching on that combo of "Japan"+"drafting standards" but I doubt you'll find much. I would imagine because we are dealing with two countries some "International" standards might be applicable for the industry you are in. Maybe contact a trade organization? Another option might be a University.