Center Of Gravity shown on 2D drawing

ffree3660

I am a new user on Inventor, and i need to be able to project the Center of Gravity to my 2D drawings. i can not find where to do this, could someone please help by explaining how to do this? Thank you.

Thank you very much for the reply. i think i will be using this site more often. i have many years of experience in AutoCad, but little experience in Inventor, and i am training myself. I have other experience on Unigraphics, Solid edge, and Solid works, so the learning curve should not be too bad. Just do not always know where to find a function. Again, thank you for the information. it was much appreciated.

Ive never tried to display CoG in an idw file, im not sure if its possible or not. In the Modeling environment you can turn it on by selecting your part(or assembly) in the Model tree, going up to View and CoG. You can display the coordinates of this Cog UCS but you cant select it or project its location in a 2d reference as far as i can tell.

JD's second rule - RMB everything.

JD, when was that added to Inventor? The version 11 i have at work doesnt have that option it seems. I have Include Work Features and Get Model Sketches.

JD, when was that added to Inventor? The version 11 i have at work doesnt have that option...

LOL

I have trouble remembering back to 4 weeks ago let alone 4 years ago. If my memory serves me at all it seems to me there was a workaround by placing a Workpoint at the COG and then retrieving that in the drawing.

hmm, in his other question i tried projecting the CoG but it wasnt "selectable" however I didnt try a work point. I dont see an immediate need for this but its good info to stockpile(assuming i can remember it :)) thanks

JD, when was that added to Inventor? The version 11 i have at work doesnt have that option it seems. I have Include Work Features and Get Model Sketches.

The GOG was introduced to the idw enviroment in IV2009.

Came in handy for me as I only had my hands on 2009 and a customer requested the cog to be added to the drawing :)

The GOG was introduced to the idw enviroment in IV2009.

Came in handy for me as I only had my hands on 2009 and a customer requested the cog to be added to the drawing :)

thanks lazer! Its a full time job keeping up with updated features:)