Mtext editor

Blu

Somehow something has changed with my Mtext editor and how it is prompted/displayed and I have no idea how to change it back.

Previously to create a note with a leader I used:

>QLEADER

>Entered my first leader point

>Specified my second leader point

>Then I would hit enter twice which would throw me into the multiline text editor

>Type my note and click anywhere outside of the editor to end the command

However, this is what it is doing to me now, and for the life of me I cannot find a variable to change it back:

>QLEADER

>Enter my first leader point

>Specified my second leader point

>Now, hitting enter once prompts me to "Enter first line of annotation text Mtext". This allows me to enter one line of text at a time (in the dialogue box only) and add additional lines of text with each hit of the enter key after the first line. However, hitting enter twice after my second leader point no longer puts me into the Mtext editor, but instead ends the note/leader command.

Any information on how to restore my Mtext editor back to it's previous settings would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You can try this

Type Filedia AT THE COMMAND PROMPT

• FILEDIA controls the display of dialog boxes used with commands that read and write files. For example, if FILEDIA is set to 1, SAVEAS displays the Save Drawing As dialog box. If FILEDIA is set to 0, SAVEAS displays prompts on the command line. The procedures in this documentation assume that FILEDIA is set to 1. Even when FILEDIA is set to 0, you can display a file dialog box by entering a tilde (~) at the first prompt. FILEDIA and EXPERT are useful when you use scripts to run commands.

• 2 years later...