Pro's needed.....Help draw 3D model

90eagleTSI

Hello to all, thank you for looking and help with this.

I design round tablets for world class pharmaceuticals. I went to school using AutoCAD but here at work I us a CAD system named VersaCAD. At times I need to use AutoCAD for things that VersaCAD does not offer as in 3D modeling.

I have attached a file of a drawing in which we produce for a test model. I am able to create the 3D model of this or any other drawing but the issue I am having consist within the engraving of "TEST" into the cup surface with the given cutter detail. I am able to extrude the letters into the cup surface and create another model of a cup at the requested distance of the cutter and subtract what I dont need. In doing this you now have the engraving with a straight incline into the surface without the 35° cutter angle. I have tried several ways in achieving this but cannot figure anything out to my knowledge would someone please help. I could get this to work it will help me greatly in CAM and creating eDrawings for customers review.

I have saved the file in ACAD R14. Please note that I have version R14 and AutoCAD Mechanical 2005/2006.

Again thanks and if there are any questions please fill free to ask.

temp.dwg

What version of Autocad are you using?

Have you tried using the "Taper" option of the EXTRUDE command. Watch your command line.

I am using R14, Mechanical 2005 & 2006

I have tried doing this method but it will not work. If I was able to project the lines of the letters onto the cup surface I maybe able to do this than.

Please note also I use a Haas 3axis mill to engraving the letters in the cup so as the tool protrudes in the surface and rotates along the cup contour the tool is always straight.

Sorry I cant help, but, I think I can sympathize. I haven't muttered "VersaCAD" in over 15 years - your company is in the stone age my friend :(

Sorry I cant help, but, I think I can sympathize. I haven't muttered "VersaCAD" in over 15 years - your company is in the stone age my friend :(

LMAO....yes indeed and I completely agree but several things we account for is approval of switching over to Autocad $$$$$, we have automated almost everything needed and I dont have any time to mess with autolisp (yet). VersaCad was here before I was so its hard to convince people that does not know any different.