How can I draw this ? Help

Run 4 Your Life

Draw a 40x115 rectangle and round the corners with R4. Extrude it 16 units height. Find the middle point of the top face and draw a circle %%c40 centered in that point. Extrude it 24 units height. Union together the two solids and fillet R4 the edge where the cylinder meets the brick.

Draw a long cylinder %%c16 coaxial with the cylinder you already have. Subtract it to get the hole....

Continue like that until you have the 3D model. If you can not continue, tell us what you already have and describe your problem.

Looks like you'll need to be familiar with the Extrude, Union, Subtract and Fillet commands. These commands should have been covered in class. Were you taking notes that day?

I do not find any challange into the design. It sort of resembles one of those freebie items that gave out with Autocad R10 (or was that R-9) back in the 1980's.

Looks pretty straight forward to me. Just do it.

Wm.

I'm very bad in autucad :(

* it's for college assignment

Skipped class more than once?

OK...so what have you accomplished so far? What are you stuck on? What questions haven't we answered either directly or indirectly? We have to start someplace. We cannot hlep you if you refuse to help yourself by answering the questions we put to you. Otherwise...you're wasting your time and ours. So, let's begin shall we?

Here is what you should be able to accomplish in about 15 minutes.

I've got that angled portion to do and some additional filleting and then I think it is pretty much done I think.

Homework102.jpg

I'm very bad in autucad

Perhaps you should consider other majors. Have you consulted with an advisor about this?

Attached is a quick dwf of the part. Should take 15-30 minutes in AutoCAD for a beginner who has been instructed on how to use the software.

BLOCK.dwf

It should probably take a newbie around 20-30 minutes to do this if they're not familiar with what commands to use.

I'm working on a laptop that's 4 years old with an unsupported graphics card, so there are some "elements" in the picture that shouldn't be there.

I have a question to JD Mather. Can you tell the secret of smooth object in the .dwf file. I mean that I made the same object, it looks the same in autoCAD but when I made the .dfw file it is route - the round objects are with facets and so on in the Autodesk desigh review (2010).

(this is the first time when I make that kind of files)

I'm working on a laptop that's 4 years old with an unsupported graphics card, so there are some "elements" in the picture that shouldn't be there.

Nice work, super, SuperCAD.

My laptop is three years old but, does what I need it to do.

Again, very nice! 8)