Can't find "Tahoma" DWG -> PDF

Kremer

Hey there,

It seems just recently, around the time we upgraded to 2010, we began having the problem that when we print to PDF every file has this error. At first we thought it was either windows 7, or adobe acrobat 9 to blame but I came home today and had the same error on 2010. I am running on XP and am using Version 8 acrobat so that cleans the names of windows/acrobat I would think.

The error occurs when we open the PDF files, we get a pop up saying that the font tahoma cannot be found or created. All of our text is in tahoma and it shows up fine, the only problem is the symbols in the font. Such as the copyright "c" or the +/- symbol, they turn into a series of dots running off to the right.

I hope your enjoying your weekend, and thanks in advance.

Did you reinstall Adobe?

The pdf simply takes a snapshot of the plot. It shouldnt give you a font error unless your creating a font document.

I have now, the problem still persists.

I'll have to go through autodesk's support tomorrow. (I'll post a solution if one arises)

Edit:

1) Open the AutoCAD start button/menu bar (top left)

2) Print -> Manage Printers

3) Double Click on DWG to PDF.pc3

4) Device and Document Settings tab

5) Custom Properties from the tree view, then Custom Properties buttom below

6) Font Handling -> Capture all.

It was right under my nose the entire time! (In these forums someone had the same issue with the Arial font)