Info

solarlord

Hello every to all.

I feel ashamed and like and an idiot to ask a thing like this, but how do you change the color of the materials?

I've tried everything...but in the best case I can change the type of the material.......but never the color.

I use ( for one day now) Autodesk Revit 2010.

Thanks in advance.

You can go use the Materials button under the Manage Tab (I think.. Away from the computer atm). Here you select a material or create a new one on the left. On the right you have the options for how you want it to appear. You can also insert your own custom texture map for slick custom render finishes. If you hit one one the tabs on the top right, you can change the material's rendered appearance.

The is the same window you get to if you want to change a specific Element's Properties. It may either be an Instance parameter or you may have to edit the element and change the Type parameter. For instance, with walls, you have to edit the structure and then change the materials.

If this is a little overwhelming, let me know and I will send you some pics and/or a video.

Good luck!

^_^

First of all thank you.

Now I have managed to change the color of the walls in this way. In materials I create what I need. Than I use the comand color in the Modify tab where I select what I have previously created. But still I am not able to change the color of the doors, windows or other stuff....

Thanks Again.

Ps:

Is it possible to design custom objects like doors and tables?

Some revit object materials cannot be edited within the project. In this case you have to edit the family itself and change the element properties of the extrusions themselves that make up the component. BE SURE to save as a separate copy so you don't ruin the original.

For levels:

Go to an elevation then look for the level tool and then place the level. Be sure to extend the ends of the new level to the ends of the others. This will save you from trouble later on. Now you can constrain floors, ceilings, whatever to this new level. It should also have all it's related views automatically (floor plan, reflected ceiling).

Ps:

Is it possible to design custom objects like doors and tables?

OF COURSE!!

First I would recommend looking at the standard objects and see how they are put together. Then try to copy it from scratch, and then put your own style to it. Do use specific template files and not just a "Generic" template.

Custom families take a bit of practise and trial and error. There are lots of ways to make whatever family, but there are definite better ways and worse ways to approach some families.

If you can take the time to master making complicated, parametric families, the majority of Revit Architecture left is fairly simple.

A GREAT site for uploading, downloading, and learning about making families:

http://www.revitcity.com

I'm there too! ^_^

Let me know if you need more specific help or a video. I'm a bit weak on families myself, but don't mind helping.

Man bad link...it's all about hormone therapy :)

I fond the right one( no y in the middle).

Thans

Haha... Hilarious!!

That's what I get for typing and driving! >_

I fixed it.

Man this is not easy to use.

Some things are intuitive, but other not even close.

It took me much less to learn inventor and solidworks.

I've got me a manual....but it is so big that only the index alone is 50 pages :)

I'll keep trying...thanks again.

Man this is not easy to use.

Some things are intuitive, but other not even close.

It took me much less to learn inventor and solidworks.

I've got me a manual....but it is so big that only the index alone is 50 pages :)

I'll keep trying...thanks again.

That's good that you have observed this right off. I believe the family editor, although a good tool, should not be taken lightly. A few things to remember: don't over constrain your families, don't use too many reference planes, label your reference planes, because the object is mounted you may want to create it unhosted an then nest that family into the hosted/surface family, ALWAYS remember to throughly flex your models by using different hosts and changing the type dimensions as typical (elevations, widths, heights, etc.) and try moving the model around to see if it breaks. These are things most people get into a lot of trouble with.

Good luck!