Button Macro?

quasifun

I would like to make a button to automate my printing tasks under 2007LT.

When pressed, it would open the “Lexmark” printer on “Letter” size paper with the “Window” option open and “Fit to Paper” checked.

Can anybody help?

I think your macro would have to start with the -plot command which would emulate command line / keyboard entry. For starters, try running through the steps in LT 97 and write down the prompts / answers as you go along. This should give you all the information you need to write your macro.

Entering -Plot at the command line will bring up the following prompt: Detailed plot configuration? [Yes/No] :

Depending on how you answer this question will affect how many subsequent questions will be asked. If you answer "No" then the number of questions will be short. Here's an example:

Command: -plot

Detailed plot configuration? [Yes/No] : n

Enter a layout name or [?] :

Enter a page setup name :

Enter an output device name or [?] \\mydept\engineering Laser>:

Write the plot to a file [Yes/No] :

Save changes to page setup [Yes/No]?

Proceed with plot [Yes/No] :

Effective plotting area: 6.86 wide by 10.67 high

Now all you have to do is anticipate how you would answer these same questions and incorporate that information in your macro.

Something like this?

(command "-PLOT" "Y" "Layout1" PRINTER PAPSZ "Millimeters" "Landscape" "N" "Window" PT1 PT2 "1=1" "0,0" "Y" "Standard.ctb" "Y" "N" "N" "N" "N" "Y" "N")

Look something like this:

-PLOT;YES;;HP LJ 5200;11X17;INCHES;LANDSCAPE;N;W;\\;FIT;CENTER;Y;SDA ST PETE SD-11X17.CTB;Y;Y;N;N;Y;

the ; means and enter on the command line.

• 1 month later...

Thank you guys & gals, for the help. I got my button going today (16 Sep). Work just like I expected!!! WOO HOO!!!!

The time delay was due to excess work not laziness.:)

I decided to go one step further and do a plot button for a PDF. I have tried different codes and have done the command line -plot command to take notes but have not had success plotting to a PDF.

Here are some codes I have tried including the working code for the Lexmark printer.

^C^C-plot;y;;lexmark x1100 series;letter;inches;landscape;n;w;\\;fit;center;y;;y;;n;n;y; works OK

^C^C-plot;y;;DWG To PDF.pc3;letter;;;n;w;\\;fit;center;y;;;;\;;;

^C^C-plot;y;;DWG To PDF.pc3; ANSI A (11.00 x 8.50 Inches);inches;landscape;n;w;\\;fit;center;y;;y;;n;n;y;

w not found asks for paper size

This last one pops up an error saying "W not found" and asks for the paper size. I am assuming the .pc3 coding acts differently than the standard coding for the plot command.

So once again I ask your help. What is the code for a button that will print to an A size paper using the window option?

Thanks again for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

I decided to go one step further and do a plot button for a PDF. I have tried different codes and have done the command line -plot command to take notes but have not had success plotting to a PDF.

Here are some codes I have tried including the working code for the Lexmark printer.

^C^C-plot;y;;lexmark x1100 series;letter;inches;landscape;n;w;\\;fit;center;y;;y;;n;n;y; works OK

^C^C-plot;y;;DWG To PDF.pc3;letter;;;n;w;\\;fit;center;y;;;;\;;;

^C^C-plot;y;;DWG To PDF.pc3; ANSI A (11.00 x 8.50 Inches);inches;landscape;n;w;\\;fit;center;y;;y;;n;n;y;

w not found asks for paper size

This last one pops up an error saying "W not found" and asks for the paper size. I am assuming the .pc3 coding acts differently than the standard coding for the plot command.

So once again I ask your help. What is the code for a button that will print to an A size paper using the window option?

Thanks again for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

If you load adobe professional 6 it will make that code possible you will just change the dwg to pdf, to Adobe PDF

I'm at home so can't check what I have at work but the PDF plotter will always plot to file so it has a different sequence to one plotting on paper. Again follow Remark's suggestion of typing it out on the command line and check all the responses.