Networking a CUIx file efficiently in working environment

tzframpton

I finally have some downtime and getting around to really make life efficient in this office. Here's what I've done so far.... I went to each CAD station and took a screenshot of each person's Workspace and how their Toolbars are set up. They are all mostly the same, but what I'm gonna do is consolidate most of the Toolbars into two main toolbars that has only the tools that they all use. I mean, nobody ever uses the Table Styles dropdown on the Styles toolbar, so I'm gonna modify all them into a general Venture Mechanical company standard CUIx file to keep a consistent Workspace and drafting environment.

So my question is this: Since I already have everything else Networked on a directory that only I have all permissions and everyone else has Read Only, would I change the path of the "Main Customization File" or would I use the "Enterprise Customization File" for proper use of a CUIx file in the networked location (screenshot below)? Plus, I want to start out small and just load a partial CUIx file and not dig into creating an entire CUIx file from scratch. I know there are probably tons of ways to do this, but what is "your view" of the best way that will (1) update across the board when I make changes and (2) migrate with each program version install?? Thanks in advance to all who can help. :thumbsup:

CUIx.jpg

STYKFACE,

I'm interested to hear about the progress of this. I have been doing the same thing and had the similar question. The problem at my office is everyone has their own workspace and they are not similar at all. Users had thier file search path for blocks and textsyles all over the place. I had taken quite some time just to get all of those into one centralized location and direct all users to the same spot on a network. Best of luck , hopefully some good info will pour in here.

Ah, just the sort of info I need. I share 'todouble22's issues, none of our guys have the same layout, so when trying to demostrate particular methods I have to negoiate their layout at the same time. Its a bit of a mess really....

Looks like 'Remark's link says it all :D

StykFacE, how did you get on with it?

It looks like using the Enterprise Customization File path is the way to go. It comes in as Read Only (no matter what), it updates, and they still have access to the stock AutoCAD CUI to utilize the other Toolbars as needed so they're not completely locked out.

All I'm doing is adding the customized Toolbars and saving the Workspace then restarting AutoCAD so it sticks. So far they are liking the changes. Thanks for the link Mark. 8)