Time log

fcfcadd

I saw no use for giving the user an additional command to allow them to change the directory/ set in the registry. Yours still defaults to the defined directory. From yours, you are giving the possibility for creating multiple directories on one's computer. Menucmd is a nice way to do conversion, but virtually the same thing.

True - but I didn't want to prompt for directory selection when its run from the ACADDOC.lsp, as you shouldn't have user input at that stage - hence I write the the CADLogs directory by default on the first time.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• alanjt

• fcfcadd

• The Buzzard

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

True - but I didn't want to prompt for directory selection when its run from the ACADDOC.lsp, as you shouldn't have user input at that stage - hence I write the the CADLogs directory by default on the first time.

Nor should you.

I was running the Time.lsp and noticed it showed the time the drawing was opened and closed with the editing time.

When Lee wrote a version I also gave it a test, But noticed this time it only records when the drawing is open.

I decided then to switch beck to Alans program and now having the same problem.

It will not record the closing & edit time. I am not sure what happened.

I was running the Time.lsp and noticed it showed the time the drawing was opened and closed with the editing time.

When Lee wrote a version I also gave it a test, But noticed this time it only records when the drawing is open.

I decided then to switch beck to Alans program and now having the same problem.

It will not record the closing & edit time. I am not sure what happened.

Did you happen to open and save the .xls file in Excel?

Also, it will only write on close if you Quit or Close the drawing.

I opened it, But did not do a save at one point, Then tried saving it.

No difference.

If you save the .xls file in Excel, it will no longer write to the file. It's just a text file that happens to have an extension of .xls and the items are tab delimited, which means you can open them in Excel and be correctly sorted.

I deleted the old xls file and ran it again by opening a drawing for a short period of time, Then closing it.

After the drawing has been closed I would open the so-called xls to see what was recorded.

Just file opening and nothing else.

I find that if there is a single drawing open and closed (i.e. closing the drawing will reveal the AutoCAD without any drawings opened), it will not record the close - I cannot figure out why though.

I deleted the old xls file and ran it again by opening a drawing for a short period of time, Then closing it.

After the drawing has been closed I would open the so-called xls to see what was recorded.

Just file opening and nothing else.

How odd. I and several others have been running mine, error free for almost 2 years.

And mine was working properly before?

I find that if there is a single drawing open and closed (i.e. closing the drawing will reveal the AutoCAD without any drawings opened), it will not record the close - I cannot figure out why though.

Just tried that and mine still records Open and Close.

Ahh!

I think I see what is happening, if you open a drawing A, and then another B, and then close both A & B, only B will be recorded.

Its as if the reactor stops running in drawing A, when another drawing B is opened while drawing A is still open. :geek:

Well, there is always a drawing1.dwg as well as any other drawing that may be opened and both are recorded as open.

If I were to open five drawings then all five are recorded as open.

Just no close at all.

Just restarted ACAD and all works right again... this is crazy... :geek:

EDIT: And now I get this:

**Opened   02-23-2010   22:23:56   C:\Users\Lee Mac\Documents\Drawing14.dwg   
**Opened   02-23-2010   22:23:59   C:\Users\Lee Mac\Documents\Drawing15.dwg   
**Opened   02-23-2010   22:24:01   C:\Users\Lee Mac\Documents\Drawing16.dwg   
**Closed   02-23-2010   22:24:05   C:\Users\Lee Mac\Documents\Drawing16.dwg   00:00:04      
**Closed   02-23-2010   22:24:09   C:\Users\Lee Mac\Documents\Drawing15.dwg   00:00:10   

In all instances I shut down Acad after closing each drawing and still get the problem.

At this point, What I may do is reboot my system later to see if this helps.

It is so odd because it did work before.

Ok, I did a reboot and still have the same problem.

I guess something must have changed on my system or acad to go blank like this.

I will keep looking.

Actually, I've just retested, and mine does work after a quick test.

Of course it works as mine does. It's basically the same code!

You can't slightly modify my code, add an option and call it your own, saying it was "inspired" by me. I'm sorry to be like this, but I just refuse to bite my tongue.

I think I found something.

When I open any drawing and type TIME at the command prompt and answer ON, When I close out the drawing it will enter the close time in the file.

If I do not do this, It will not enter a close time.

I think I found something.

When I open any drawing and type TIME at the command prompt and answer ON, When I close out the drawing it will enter the close time in the file.

If I do not do this, It will not enter a close time.

I'm assuming you are testing what Lee posted. He changed the use of "tdurstimer" to extracting the difference from "date" (for the open time), which coincides with "Time".