CAD Problems during Rendering

Izzi1212

I have been having a ton of trouble with AutoCad 2007 while doing a 3d rendering. I am trying to render a 3d site plan consisting of 10 very basic buildings (exterior walls, roof, glass, window frames), and some other basic site planning elements (trees, curbs, grass, pavements, and sidewalks). Now, everytime I try to render the site (still or motion), CAD closes, sometimes with an "error handler re-entered" or "fatal error" message and sometimes just a fatal error sound. I feel that my computer should be more than capable of handling this task, but is not. I have updated CAD, my video card drivers (AutoCAD drivers from nvidia), closed all background programs, deleted (purged) all unnecessary items from the drawing, and audited the drawing for errors. The drawing consists of no xrefs, just 3D solids and a couple small blocks.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is it me? My computer? CAD?

My Computer Specs:

• AutoCAd 2007
  • Dell Precision WorkStation 690
  • Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
  • 3.00 gigahertz Intel Xeon
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    4096 kilobyte secondary memory cache
  • 3070 Megabytes Installed Memory
  • NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 512 MB

I would appreciate any help, suggestions, or advice. Thank you!

Over Hotel 080809 Small.jpg

That should be capable of that render. Maybe not in a hurry, but more than capable.

Have you tried having somebody else do the render to see if the problem is located in the file or in the machine?

Thank you for the response. I really appreciate it. Having someone else try this is not an option, as know one else in the office even has CAD, let alone a computer capable of running it.

Pls copy and paste for new file and render again.Another way did you use "brep" ot "bred" command!sorry for my memory.This command will help you many reduce solid history!

i had the same problem at my work computer. 2ghz intel core 2 duo 2 gigs of ram and a 512 card. it was only autocad 2009 tho it would crash with the same error. cad 08 on the other hand worked fine.

My experience,this would be happen for memory error.Mostly were solid modeling.I always use for rendering with (surface 70% + solid & thickness 30%).New file and all copy from error dwg for eliminate error if old file might be some error."Brep" for reducing memory form your solid memory.Autocad normally record for solid history(eg.union or substract with two solid model).You can get original two solids object after union or substract by change value 0 to 1 for showhistory system variable(pls check for showhistory system variable from help).So you should need to "brep" for parmently delete solid history,if you will be sure for your model.

Goodluck my friend.

Thank you, I have copied and pasted a new file and also used the brep command, but AutoCAD still closes when I try to render an image of the site.

Pls check this link ...http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240618 If you can't solve this,pls can you post your error file?Next time you will be do for next project,pls use mostly surface model.

Performance Tuner Results Log

Version: 17.2.0.3

Date of Last Tune: 8/13/2007

Machine Configuration

---------------------

Processor Speed : 3.0 GHz

RAM : 3070 MB

3D Device

---------

Name : NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500

Manufacturer : NVIDIA

Chip set : Quadro FX 4500

Memory : 512.0 MB

Driver : 6.14.0011.6939

Your machine contains a 3D Device that is certified.

Application driver: wopengl9.hdi

Effect

------

Geometry acceleration: Available and on

Smooth line display: Available and on

Gooch shader: Available and using hardware

Full-shadow display: Available and on

What is the difference between "planar surfaces" and "surfaces?" I can explode my 3D solids into surfaces if it would help, I can also re-model everything as planar surfaces if you guys think it would help. Thank you again.

oK..pls wait for my detail reply.I will give some sample for you.

Now you can off "hardware acceleration "and render again.I believe that is memory error.If not ok,you should close all layer and reopen one or two layer to render again.This step by step layer open and render will be found what state will be done "fatal error".My experience,some project with 3d solid to print black&white for "hide" that was done "error".Then i was close some hatch and again hide,this was fine.Pls never surrender for this error.

I have converted my model to mostly surfaces and planar surfaces, including all of the buildings and I still cannot render this file. It makes it through about 40% of the rendering and then CAD just closes. I also had my computer guys monitor my computer resources while I did this, and they confirmed that this is not a hardware issue, AutoCAD is not even using the full capabilities of the hardware that I have installed. Any thoughts? Thank you again.