Deleting Text Styles

smalls13_99

I have a drawing open and im trying to delete old text styles. Some that arent used in this drawing will not delete. says " style in use, cant be deleted." How can i delete these unused textstyles?

will it not let me because i am using those styles in other drawings??? ( i really dont want to open all my old drawings to find that style).

Thanks

1-Need to change all text to new style and after that delete old style.

It will do it in current dwg. Soon you open next dwg it will be as it was saved - with all text styles till you do as per #1

To delete text styles is sort of like removing extra linetypes and layers. The PURGE will remove the excess. but on occcasion I had to find basepoint then WriteBlock out the drawing to get a clean one then. The older used text styles and linetypes will leave, and the unused stuff will remain with the original.

Wm.

I have changed all the dimstyle and leaders text to standard and i still cant delete these two stinking textstyles. thanks for all you help. dont know what i would do without all of this help

What text styles are currently loaded?

What text styles do you wish to delete?

What method are you using to delete the styles you don't want?