Convert .Sat to Dwg or DXf

prasanth14026

Good morning to all,

I'll appriciate if you can solve this problem. I would like to convert 3d(.sat) models to Dwg or Dxf which i have drawn in auto cad 2008. The drawing is with plenty of assemblies, Instead of drawn all in 2d if it's possible to convert it'll save alot of time. this i required to give for manufacturing. one more option is create differnt views in laylot. if i do in layout it'll give as blocks. which it's not look nice to give machinist.

and 3D drawings it's save as .sv$ format, how to convert this to 2d drawings.

you can use the command IMPORT to import .sat-files into AutoCAD.

.sv$ is automatic save file that AutoCAD creates and that are deleted when you close the session, there should be a real .dwg file as well. If the .sv$ is the only thing you have, for instance if the program has crashed, then you can rename the file and replace the .sv$ with .dwg and then open it normally.

You should find the Manage Attachments if you click Go Advanced right below where you post answers to the thread.

I do not know how it would help to attch the files though, I have given a suggestion on how to do it - if that does not work, please explain further about what you are looking to do.

I do not know how it would help to attach the files though...

From the posts (this and other threads) I get the idea that the OP is a beginner. I have often found that a beginner can't correctly describe the geometry type that they have. Even if all is well it is often far far more helpful to a beginner to demonstrate the technique with their actual data rather than general information on how the technique should work (at the hands of a pro).

This entire field is based on communication using drawings rather than words. Often times the parties to the communication have different 1st languages. Since our common method of communication in this field is the drawing - it makes obvious logical sense to communicate via the drawing.

If you type ACISIN on the command line, or go to the "Insert" pulldown menu, and select "ACIS File", you can import .SAT files.

I suspect the OP misunderstood that you were referring to the forum post/thread and is looking for "attachment option" in CAD, and only found "insert raster image".

It might be a good idea to attach the file to this thread (or a screenshot) of the "blocks" you are referring to.. I suspect you're concerned about the borders on mview windows being visible, or pre-formatted page layout titleblocks, but I can't tell.

As Mather pointed out, there appears to be a language barrier here. Though if you can import the .SAT file into CAD, you apparently may not have to worry about that issue (according to the way your post mentioned it). This suggests you might Plot from model space instead, but I can't tell by the info you've given us.