Align parts in assembly

alijahed

If there is an easier method than KC's one and AutoCAD can you please let us know I'm sure it helps a lot.

Happy to help - but the only way I know how is with your datasets. You indicated earlier that you attached the wrong file(s) but never attached the correct file(s).

Attach your files here when you have difficulty. Other than that you might go through all of the tutorials in my signature. In particular symmetry about the origin using the BORN technique.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alijahed

• JD Mather

• kencaz

• Pablo Ferral

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy to help - but the only way I know how is with your datasets. You indicated earlier that you attached the wrong file(s) but never attached the correct file(s).

Attach your files here when you have difficulty. Other than that you might go through all of the tutorials in my signature. In particular symmetry about the origin using the BORN technique.

Thanks for your help,

I was thinking my problem is straight forward. I attached the file here. So looking forward to learn from you guys.

thanks again

Hammer.zip

Ahhh, I see the problem - there are no parts with your assembly. Of course you must create and include parts (*.ipt) to have an assembly.

Think of this as xrefs in AutoCAD. What would happen if you sent someone a file that had xrefs but you didn't include the xrefs?

Ahhh, I see the problem - there are no parts with your assembly. Of course you must create and include parts (*.ipt) to have an assembly.

Think of this as xrefs in AutoCAD. What would happen if you sent someone a file that had xrefs but you didn't include the xrefs?

ohh sorry see I learn something right now.

please find the attached file.

Hammer.zip

Well I see you are using an earlier version of Inventor so you would not be able to open my files - but attached is a screen capture of what your sketches should look like fully constrained with geometric constraints and dimensions.

Using equal = constraints reduces the number of dimensions needed to control a sketch.

Notice that the sketch should change color indicating fully constrained. If you use the origin in a logical location the assembly constraints will be much more logical as well.

Constrained Sketches.png